Solved - OrangePI One - wont boot on latest Debian stretch

Bingo

Hi Guyzz

Just got a OPI1 (H3 512MB), and was trying out the stretch image from here
https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-one/
https://dl.armbian.com/orangepione/Debian_stretch_next.7z

It won't boot
It starts up , w. both Orange & Green leds on lan , then i can see it requests a dhcp address , and it gets one (req/offer runs many times), then nothing happens after that. Just - Green light blinks on lan , Orange is unlit.

I tried to write (linux dd) it on 2 different SD-cards , a 8GB Intenso , and also a 16GB Sandisk - same behaviour.

I grabbed the latest Jessie from the archive , and wrote it to the Intenso 8GB , and it booted fine w. jessie.

I don't mind running jessie for now.

Just wanted to inform you

Thanx for a nice Distro for my OPI's (Zero's & One's)

Edit: sha256sum matches , so no DL corruption

/Bingo

Well i'll be ......

The system boots fine on Debian Stretch now -_-

I downloaded the image once more , and wrote it to the Sandisk SD card

It boots fine...

This has to be a USER error (me ...) ... Prob. SD writing or bad SD to micro SD adapter.

Thats embarsasing.

Sorry for the "Noise" , and thank you for the immediate support , and getting me to pull out the FTDI TTL  uart adapter

/Bingo

boot-ok.txt.tar.bz2

hehe.. solved by your own. :) 

It can happen that the download was corrupted or your cards are... or burning went wrong... 

And sometimes we might have images which doesn't work, it's just that without a bootlog it's a 'black box' we have no chance to see whats wrong. 

6 hours ago, Bingo said:

Sorry for the "Noise" , and thank you for the immediate support , and getting me to pull out the FTDI TTL  uart adapter

IMO no need for a sorry, since solved easily (only posting one link :P ) and you reported back that there's no issue.  

Keep an eye on your SD cards there are known bad ones and known good ones, and you can test them to see if they perform well just have a look at: