BananaPi doesn't boot after apt upgrade

Aldaris

Hello,

My BananaPi board doesn't  boot after apt update & apt upgrade. I didn't have any problems until now. At first I suspected it could be the SD card as it seemed to me the "server" was slower on authentication but the SD card looks ok. There were some errors when reading it via gdisk but f3 didn't find any problems. So I copied the newest downloadable image onto it. It worked again until the upgrade.

What can I do to restore the functionality? Is there any known problem with last upgrade?I update the system quite usually so the change that could be responsible for this shouldn't be more than a month old.

I even tried to use the direct attached monitor. At first it writes it found the system to boot on the memory card and there is only cursor until I shut it down.

It is too late today to try to interrupt the boot sequence but I can try it tomorrow.

I don't feel really comfortable to run the system without updates as it is too multipurpose.

Thank you for any suggestions. I'm quite open for troubleshooting.

Aldaris

There are no known upgrade problems with BananaPi boards. You will need to provide more/all possible data, verbose serial logs, ...

7 hours ago, Aldaris said:

It worked again until the upgrade.

Can you try the same on another (good) SD card?

Hello Igor.

Thank you for the answer. I gave it a try and it works. That implies the SD card is the problem although it seems to have no errors. However when performing apt upgrade the faulty SD card worked very slowly in comparison with the spare one (which should be worse, not better). Anyways the problem seems to be found so thank you for support.

Aldaris