Error while building Armbian for Amlogic s905x

Tommy21

I am trying to build from Balbes Amlogic github source, it starts the process, but i got 2 errors, error in function compile kernel (compilation.sh:404), failed moving kernel DEBs.

There's a line of code mv: missing destination file operand after 'home/khadas/build/output/debs/'.

I am doing this on Lubuntu xenial, trying to build 16.04. xfce with mainline kernel, by the output in terminal it looks like it 4.19 rc3 kernel, am i missing some packages or do i need to edit some config file?

Balbes150,

Process completed successfully, i have created Ubuntu xenial with kernel 4.19 rc3 for my Vim pro.

I did try to create Ubuntu bionic, but it didn't finish, i assume it is because i need to use 18.04 pc?

I did burn the image, i did use it for a few minutes, it doesn't have sound, tested with chromium and mpv, also i don't have any usb flash drive to see if the usb works, usb keyboard and mouse works, last time i used Usb sd card adapter, device wasn't recognized, but keyboard and mouse were recognized.

Yt in Chromium works nice in 720p, but only in window mode, fullscreen doesn't work well.

Well, i have few questions, so let's start.

How do you update for example Armbian switching from 5.59 to 5.60, or newer kernel, is this automatically updated, or do you need to edit your github?

How can i choose additional packages to preinstall, maybe i want to add another browser, music player or any other software i want to use?

How to add files to image, you always add test videos, how can i do that?

I chose not to see kernel configuration, because i'm inexperienced with Linux, especially with kernel, i understand what it does in theory, but it looks extremely complicated to me.

Is there a way to add that V4L2 m2m (Amlogic vpu) driver to the kernel manually, i assume this driver is not here because the sound would work then?

I know i am annoying,but i really want to learn about all of this, and i don't want to rely on just one person, you are updating this images for more than 2 years, thank you for that, if it weren't for you, C2 would probably be the only Amlogic board with decent support.

If anyone wants to try this image, i will upload it somewhere on the internet.

One more thing i forgot to mention, i didn't create nothing, this is all yours, i just copied your work to my pc.

6 hours ago, Tommy21 said:

Process completed successfully, i have created Ubuntu xenial with kernel 4.19 rc3 for my Vim pro.

This is a standard kernel without the recent changes to Amlogic who perform the developers of Baylibra and Libreelec.

I did try to create Ubuntu bionic, but it didn't finish, i assume it is because i need to use 18.04 pc?

To build the Bionic should be mapped turnip itself Bionic Assembly system must meet the Bionic.

I did burn the image, i did use it for a few minutes, it doesn't have sound, tested with chromium and mpv, also i don't have any usb flash drive to see if the usb works, usb keyboard and mouse works, last time i used Usb sd card adapter, device wasn't recognized, but keyboard and mouse were recognized.

Only "default" versions have this support.

How do you update for example Armbian switching from 5.59 to 5.60, or newer kernel, is this automatically updated, or do you need to edit your github?

This is manual work with the analysis of new changes and their correct integration into the Assembly system.

How can i choose additional packages to preinstall, maybe i want to add another browser, music player or any other software i want to use?

These steps are described in detail in the General documentation for the Assembly Armbian.

How to add files to image, you always add test videos, how can i do that?

Create the " SRC " directory in the "cache" directory and place files with names that begin with " Test"

cache/SRC/Test*

Is there a way to add that V4L2 m2m (Amlogic vpu) driver to the kernel manually, i assume this driver is not here because the sound would work then?

The driver is already part of the "default"system.