Best ARM SBC System Backup Strategy ?

jerryn

Hi,

Now that I have my NanoPC-T4 working with hardware 3D acceleration,  1080p video playback,  full development environment on NVMe,  Think it's time for a backup.   Has anyone found a usefull utility ?  Or should I just use dd to dump the eMMC partions to image files on a USB attached drive and rsync to backup the NVMe the the same ?    I'd imagine to restore just boot from an install image, don't install, just dd the images to their repective eMMC partitions and rysnc  to restore.

Has anyone had to restore a board and how well did your solution work for you ? 

I also like the idea of a device that can actually function as a server, drive and all, on about 12 watts. I also call it "Night Light" power.

But I also enjoy a bit of fun with "tk" (tkaiser)  because he, um,, doesn't see any merit in the R-PI/OMV "use case". On the other side of that coin, he does outstanding work with R-PI OMV images. With that in mind, he has a right to his opinion and since he does exceptional work supporting SBC's, I'm going to happily listen to those opinions.  

If the competition in SBC's were either a bit cheaper or a little more popular, I'd consider a change because tk is right about other offerings being better. But, until they're cheaper or a bit more popular, I'll hang onto the R-PI.

Dafont Mapquest Filehippo