BRANCH=dev creates next .debs?

tkaiser

Hi,

I'm trying to build a dev branch image for sun8i but struggle with this:

dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-firmware-image-next-sunxi' in '../linux-firmware-image-next-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-dtb-next-sunxi' in '../linux-dtb-next-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-headers-next-sunxi' in '../linux-headers-next-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-image-next-sunxi' in '../linux-image-next-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package linux-libc-dev-next-sunxi in control file but not in files list
dpkg-genchanges: binary-only upload (no source code included)

Later the scripts try to install the (missing) dev packages and obviously everything fails. What am I'm doing wrong? Have looked through the scripts and assume it must be somewhere around line 266+ in common.sh, right?

Thx

I felt like I was going insane, because environment and all parameters passed to make didn't contain word "next", but then I found this:

lib\patch\kernel\sunxi-dev\packaging-with-postinstall-scripts.patch(42): +packagename=linux-image-next"$LOCALVERSION"
lib\patch\kernel\sunxi-dev\packaging-with-postinstall-scripts.patch(43): +fwpackagename=linux-firmware-image-next"$LOCALVERSION"
lib\patch\kernel\sunxi-dev\packaging-with-postinstall-scripts.patch(44): +kernel_headers_packagename=linux-headers-next"$LOCALVERSION"
lib\patch\kernel\sunxi-dev\packaging-with-postinstall-scripts.patch(45): +dtb_packagename=linux-dtb-next"$LOCALVERSION"
lib\patch\kernel\sunxi-dev\packaging-with-postinstall-scripts.patch(46): +libc_headers_packagename=linux-libc-dev-next"$LOCALVERSION"

Edit: fixed

dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-firmware-image-dev-sunxi' in '../linux-firmware-image-dev-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-dtb-dev-sunxi' in '../linux-dtb-dev-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-headers-dev-sunxi' in '../linux-headers-dev-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-image-dev-sunxi' in '../linux-image-dev-sunxi_5.07_armhf.deb'.
dpkg-genchanges: warning: package linux-libc-dev-next-sunxi in control file but not in files list

I felt like I was going insane, because environment and all parameters passed to make didn't contain word "next", but then I found this

Sorry, we both wasted our time with the same task. In the meantime I also found it after reading documentation about Debian kernel packaging. I used your patch and here we are:

Orange Pi PC (H3) FEL/NFS booting:

[  OK  ] Started LSB: Load kernel modules needed to enable cpufreq scaling.
         Starting LSB: set CPUFreq kernel parameters...
[  OK  ] Started LSB: set CPUFreq kernel parameters.
         Starting LSB: Set sysfs variables from /etc/sysfs.conf...
[  OK  ] Started LSB: Set sysfs variables from /etc/sysfs.conf.
[  OK  ] Started LSB: Armbian gathering informations about hardware.
         Starting LSB: PLEASE BE PATIENT AND DO NOT INTERRUPT...FIRST REBOOT...

Debian GNU/Linux 8 orangepih3 ttyS0

orangepih3 login: 

(native Ethernet). Now I have to think about which patches to submit since I don't want to break everything as I did 2 weeks before ;)