Armbian APT upload process

gprovost

@Igor Could we imagine another mechanism than to use git as an "upload front-end" ?

Using git as some kind of spool folder is really not ideal.  For instance if I clone today the armbian upload git project the size of the objects is already reaching 1.2 GB for a project that is essentially just a structure of empty folders. I even see the following error during cloning

Cloning into 'upload'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 75, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (75/75), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (61/61), done.
kex protocol error: type 7 seq 49316022.52 MiB | 6.67 MiB/s    
remote: Total 844 (delta 33), reused 40 (delta 14), pack-reused 769
Receiving objects: 100% (844/844), 1.22 GiB | 6.03 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (251/251), done.

The easier would be to provide a FTP service with the same structure and limited access to people you grant right to upload.

12 hours ago, gprovost said:

@Igor Could we imagine another mechanism than to use git as an "upload front-end" ?

Using git as some kind of spool folder is really not ideal.  For instance if I clone today the armbian upload git project the size of the objects is already reaching 1.2 GB for a project that is essentially just a structure of empty folders. I even see the following error during cloning

Cloning into 'upload'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 75, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (75/75), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (61/61), done.
kex protocol error: type 7 seq 49316022.52 MiB | 6.67 MiB/s    
remote: Total 844 (delta 33), reused 40 (delta 14), pack-reused 769
Receiving objects: 100% (844/844), 1.22 GiB | 6.03 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (251/251), done.

The easier would be to provide a FTP service with the same structure and limited access to people you grant right to upload.

Is it for long term storage, or just for exchanging data....  I could setup some object storage.. i think there's even an official SFTP gateway fro s3 now.

Edited by Tido
fixed quote

8 hours ago, gprovost said:

is really not ideal

I agree with that. It was designed for quick fixes, upload via web ... and that works ... until file is not too big :) I realized that later that sources packages are out of range.

Will do something on a long run.

16 minutes ago, lanefu said:

i think there's even an official SFTP gateway fro s3 now.

I can open incoming directory for direct upload, but since it's not a total urgent matter it can wait a while.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, gprovost said:

Prepared. Anyone needs a (s)ftp access to repository incoming directory should send me a public key. Structure is the same as from the build script.

3 hours ago, Igor said:

Prepared. Anyone needs a (s)ftp access to repository incoming directory should send me a public key. Structure is the same as from the build script.

Great ! Just sent you my pub key by PM ;-)

OK, gimme me some time. While adding some fixes this morning I find out troubles with repository (nothing can be added atm) and I have to rebuild it manually. 

For now adding will remain manual - this is just a direct drop off.