Odroid XU4 - Kodi 17

hippie

Dears,

Is there any recent Kodi compilation for XU4 ?

Ive build it myself but whenever i try to load it, it gives me an warning saying that GLX/DRI2 is not supported and it also fails to open swrast.  The other try i did is to download the .deb package from the mdrjr repository and unfortunately i get the same error.

I believe i am missing the right drivers....  

By the way, l today was my first experience with armbian... and honestly, i am very impressed. 

Any ideas ?

Best,

hippie

I downloaded the x11 driver (http://malideveloper.arm.com/downloads/drivers/binary/r7p0-02rel0/mali-t62x_r7p0-02rel0_linux_1+x11.tar.gz) and recompiled kodi.... now the error changed saying that DDK was built for 0x620 r0p1 but none of the GPUs matched.

I think i would need the driver compiled for this kernel.. but im not sure...

Any idea ?

Dears,

Is there any recent Kodi compilation for XU4 ?

Ive build it myself but whenever i try to load it, it gives me an warning saying that GLX/DRI2 is not supported and it also fails to open swrast.  The other try i did is to download the .deb package from the mdrjr repository and unfortunately i get the same error.

I believe i am missing the right drivers....  

By the way, l today was my first experience with armbian... and honestly, i am very impressed. 

Any ideas ?

Best,

hippie

KODI compilation on any of those boards is somewhere between a horror show and a nightmare :( AFAIK

We don't pay attention to secure any of possible kernel dependencies but if you find them, we can enable them. Besides this general comment, this is more or less all I can do to assist in this problem. I would scrap for more information here.

Hi Igor and hippie,

One year after, no more news ? Does it mean that you failed definitly to install and make running kodi ? or does it mean that you doesn't share how to do it ?

If someone arrive to make it running, please tell us how to do that please.

I'm on odroid-xu4 and have a armbian os (omv3 on it) and i can install from packages (apt-get) kodi, but it doesn't run (i installed lxde, xorg, xdm for see if something more happen... nothing more...).

My log file tell me that it doesn't find any display (GLX Error: No display found), and also talk about pulseaudio (but said it doesn't run... and that's good, because pulseaudio is so heavy killer arm things...) It also talk about invalid args on bus for CanSuspend.

I hope someone know more than me and arrived to make running kodi on armbian and will tell me how to do that (and other users who failed) how to do (please... share, don't be afraid/lazy to share your knowledge).

If need more information, please, ask.

kernel is 4.9.28-odroidxu4 from openmediavault and running with armbian distro.