All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks guys. Any debian-based distribution would be fine, be it armbian, or ayufan version or even Ubuntu. I tried in the past to update to kernel 5 but it failed to recognize my usb3 hdd so I went back to version 4. I'll have to check the version of the board when I get home but I remember it saying v2 on the back (I bought it in March 2018).
  3. Today
  4. No that I am aware of. Armbian is a basic system. If you need such customisation, you will need to make them. Camera support in mainline is unknown to me, firmware update:
  5. We will offer an ECC option. The Rockchip RK3399 SoC itself doesn't have a memory controller that has ECC feature, however we are currently working with a SDRAM vendor that now offer built-in ECC feature inside the SDRAM directly. It's not impossible it will be available on day one. No. It is not a use case that make sense from our point of view. I don't believe there will be a lot of people out there with a USB Type-C power adapter that can delivered up to 100W. Plus the power circuitry (and the PSU) would be quite expensive. No. It's a pure M.2 SATA port. FYI it's share with the SATA port 1, so the combination is either ( 1x M.2 SSD + 4x HDD/SSD ) or 5x HDD/SSD. Yes there is a 128Mb SPI NOR Flash. Something we didn't disclose because too much info already on the picture, the USB Type-C has been designed with a 4-in-1 mode concept : - Display Port - DAS mode - Host mode - Serial Console Access We will explain more at a later stage... but it's quite a unique design we did. We wanted to make the eMMC a basic feature of our board. I mean what's the point to sell it as a module when you know that in 90% of the case your user should use eMMC instead of SDcard. It also help in term of software support to know that all user Helios64 user will have the same config, therefore we can focus on installation guide that use the eMMC. You guess right this is not just some bare bone carrier board with a SoC in the middle. Between the PCIe-to-SATA bridge, the 2.5Gbe interface, the built-in UPS feature, RAM, eMMC, etc... it adds-up quickly. We also paid a lot of attention on the different power rails, this is a premium design compare to all the RK3399 board out there. Helios4 was USD200 with the full kit (PSU, case, cable, fan, etc...), our goal it to try to be in the same ballpark. This time we will sell a-la-carte style, you can just buy the board alone, our with the case, if you already have a PSU then no need to order one...
  6. What version number do you have Its the little text at the bottom of the case on the right hand side between the two barcodes i seen two 0702 and 0710 0702 had the bottom as one big heatsink 0710 has 3 small heatsinks and a bottom filled with holes Also seems the capacitor is different in both. I also noticed that the board does not stay powered when only the USB console cable is plugged in (V5 and earlier V7 would both show power but not actually boot. ) so they must have re-done some power stuff on the new board!
  7. dolphs

Rock PI 4

Hi- Would it be possible to upgrade dev image to KERNELBRANCH='tag:5.4.0-rc1-1120-ayufan' please in config/sources/rockchip64.conf Yet tested particular tag and it does not result in a bootable image ( for rockpi 4a ) though, building with these : " BRANCH=dev RELEASE=buster BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no EXPERT=yes " result in: LD [M] drivers/net/wireless/rtl88x2bu/88x2bu.o AR drivers/net/wireless/built-in.a AR drivers/net/built-in.a AR drivers/built-in.a [ error ] ERROR in function compile_kernel [ compilation.sh:382 ] [ error ] Kernel was not built [ @host ] [ o.k. ] Process terminated Just wondering if there is any focus on this or is the plan to wait for e.g. a new tag with rc3 from ayufan ? cheers
  8. Did you ever figure this out?
  9. Yesterday
  10. the problem is that I have it spread out over several regions and this process is going to be expensive
  11. Is there any working image for Nano Pi Air that supports in same time: - Record in the format of the mpeg4 pipeline, the video codec used is h264. Resolution 1024x768 - Ability to transmit video over WiFi (WiFi AP mode), RTSP protocol. - Ability to connect via USB to transfer recorded files to a PC (USB device mode) - Update firmware via USB (FEL mode for Allwinner SOC)
  12. I confused the 3399K with another RK SoC so asked a stupid question
  13. what a statement. always good, here are a few: Is powering over USB-C possible (means does USB-PD work, I know the rockpi uses a pd conform power-circuit up to at least 12V (could be more don't remember), so even a 4HD setup should be possible with a proper PD implementation).. Is the m.2 slot NVMe capable? With an adjusted bootloader, "advanced" bootoptions (NVMe etc.) is possible, do you populate a SPI NOR on the board? I know your focus will be on NAS usecase but IMO the SoC is capable of doing "more than just NAS" any chances to get HDMI and/or MIPI (DCI & CSI) wired out? (IMO even on a pinheader where people need an adapter board to get them 'functional' would be a nice option). It seems that eMMC is soldered directly to the board, did you consider a module option as well (as done for the RockPi, several NanoPi's etc.)? Do you have a price for the board? I assume it won't be one of the cheaper RK3399 boards due to all the additional features populated on the baseboard.
  14. For which OS? I have a Rock64 V2 running 24/7 Ubuntu Bionic with kernel 4.4.192 (Armbian Bionic 5.98), which I have recompiled myself to add back a driver, and it seems pretty stable as of now. With the previous versions I used to have some sporadic zram0 errors, but it's now two days of uptime since my last reboot and I haven't seem them.
  15. Wow, that would be pretty cool! In comparison to your board, I think the solder points with the blue arrows should be connected, right? I strongly believe, that everything is in the u-boot-folder of the repo from the banana-folks. I do not remember the exact name right now, but it was something like drvboot.exe, which we can build (!=which will work ). @danman What do you see on the console, when you use your BOOTSEL? I just want to know, if I am able to replicate this.
  16. @balbes150 Hi. I'm back on the VIM3 for now. I'm unable to select 1440p display resolution. 4k works, and 1080p also. But there's no 1440p to choose from. When I add the resolution manually it doesn't seem to work. xrandr --newmode "2560x1440_60.00" 312.25 2560 2752 3024 3488 1440 1443 1448 1493 -hsync +vsync && xrandr --addmode HDMI-1 2560x1440_60.00 It's the same with DEV and DEFAULT images. Except for this and HDMI-audio everything seems to work fine. Temperature is now also showing. Good job. Thank you.
  17. That looks perfect thank you for this. I have followed through the wiki to set up the power-button.dtbo and double checked myself today, but I'm having a problem. When booting the power button is not loading. It is looking for ' /boot/dtb/overlay/armada-388-helios4-fixup.scr' which is missing. Applying user provided DT overlay power-button.dtbo ** File not found /boot/dtb/overlay/armada-388-helios4-fixup.scr ** The address of the fdt is 0x2040000 ** Bad device specification 0:1 /boot/overlay-user/power-button ** ** Bad device specification 0:1 /boot/overlay-user/power-button ** ## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 02880000 ... This may be unrelated / unimportant, but I had this come up when creating the dtbo admin@helios4:~$ ./dtc -I dts -O dtb -o power-button.dtbo power-button.dts power-button.dtbo: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): Node /fragment@0 has a unit name, but no reg property
  18. Which revision ? Mine, which is Rev 1.1, is now up since 60 days with kernel 5.2.0, although not running much applications. I'm planning to upgrade to 5.4.0-rc1 soon ... EDIT: The upgrade to 5.4.0-rc1 is now done ...
  19. ECC RAM? Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
  20. No, ignore. Legacy kernels are EOL and due for removal.
  21. helios is a great pruduct and this one seems very interesting but with 200€ you can buy some interesting solution based on x86 board...
  22. You will get nowhere without serial console. This possible error shows something on the screen if at least boot loader is read from the card.
  23. Hi, I have a few 905X2 boxes intended to be used as a mini server. They have 4GB memory and 32GB emmc. I want to load Linux on it and use them to run our network monitoring programs. I used to be software engineer working but haven't done much in recent years. I think maybe some experts could post the steps to compile and load Armbian images onto its emmc? Better, help to walk me through the process. I am willing (and by happy) to shed couple of hundred for the help. My main requirements are following: 1. Need to have a Ubuntu or any version running with Kernel higher than 4.9 where we can turn on TCP congestion BBR algorithm. I think a recompile of Kernel is required so I suppose I can recompile Armbian and choose to rebuild kernel (choose options to set BBR on). 2. Need to compile and package a few of our own applications (I know how to cross compile those but want some instruction how to package them into the Armbian image) 3. Need to turn on hardware watchdog feature so in case the box has any problem, it can restart itself and hopefully get back to normal. Appreciate any help or suggestions!
  24. As an addition, the documentation currently states issues with thermal management: https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner-H3/ Is that still the case and should I rather use the legacy kernel? At least the part about the available downloads seems to be outdated and the download page states „mainline based kernel 4.19.y“.
  25. It's not the same form factor. Helios4 was 100x100mm, Helios64 is 120x120mm... There will be a new case of Helios64 and on this aspect the case will also significantly improved over the previous one. Yes you could re-use the Helios4 PSU (12V/8A), however it might be wiser to for a 10A that we will sell also.
  26. Impressive! Same form factor as the helios4? Can we use our excisting power supply and case? Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity