All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I never dug deeper into this situation as it worked for me nicely out of the box. I just followed the discussion more or less.
  3. Since V3s and H3 have both their pins controller at the same address, ie pinctrl@1c20800, any library for H3 should be able to handle it. Personally, I'm using this python library https://github.com/duxingkei33/orangepi_PC_gpio_pyH3 which using C code under the hood, see here : https://github.com/duxingkei33/orangepi_PC_gpio_pyH3/blob/master/pyA20/gpio/gpio_lib.c So, you can do quite the same to initialize /dev/mem and setting up the directions and values...
  4. Updated to 4.4.8 https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/448-r89/
  5. Today
  6. Please try with the ffmpeg from the post linked above. Keep in mind it is compiled for a Debian Stretch image. Anyway, the latest official ffmpeg is also supposed to have support for MFC encoder, though I'm not sure whether it supports bitrate enforcing, like the one I compiled. I used this repo: https://github.com/mihailescu2m/FFmpeg
  7. Yes, it would be. That is something in my TO-DO list, but my personal life hasn't given me the chance to do it in the last months. Let's see if it can be done at some point.
  8. Can I run an stability test or does it need to be verified by other means?
  9. Orange pi zero H2 + MCP2515 Connections: MCP2515 Opi Zero H2 INT PA2 SCK PA14 SI PA15 SO PA16 CS PA13 GND GND VCC 3.3v and for TJA1050 5v OPi pinouts: My overlay: dmesg: Please, help. What's wrong?
  10. Hi guys! Do you have any experience on controlling the GPIO-s on Lichee Pi (Allwinner V3s) from C code? Greetings, Peter
  11. before posting on the forum, I did try using just the ffmpeg out of the project. I figured I was maybe doing something wrong since every attempt to render a video ended in errors, followed by some random location causing a seg fault. I hope its me and troubles with new software. Another idea I just had... it would be great if I could do sudo apt install ffmpeg-exynos-5422. Is there anything legal that would prevent a compiled package like this to be added to armbian?
  12. Hi @djismgaming how you did you manage to move armbian to the eMMC? Thanks
  13. Hi, not sure.... Ive just opened a fresh install of Armbian on a USB stick and the Extlinux.conf there shows the # in the place I originally indicated (copy/paste below) LABEL Armbian LINUX /zImage INITRD /uInitrd FDTDIR /dtb # FDT /dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 The # may get changed/removed if/when you install to EMMC/NAND as the Extlinux.conf file is used for booting from EMMC/NAND storage and not off a USB card/SD/TF card.... so that file is only used in that instance of booting from internal storage. The # is typically used to say "dont use this line in the code" ..... so its possible something has been changed on the boot process too. Its not something Ive seen yet, but ill take a look sometime.
  14. Sure ! But I doubt the power saving will be big, perhaps few mA ...
  15. I am certainly willing to put the time in. However most of my experience is in low level driver development, so there will be some learning. The course work available by Bootlin is pretty cool. I think I should be able to get a handle on things from here.
  16. hax

Sound click

Did you manage to find solution? I have the same problem with Orange PI PC, 3.5 output jack. Reproduction: In the fresh install of Buster server/4.19/2019-07-15, play any wav file with aplay. There are no problems with sound playback on Xenial 3.4. There are same problems with latest kernel (5.3) There are two separate problems: 1) It tooks about 1.5 seconds for analog codec to wake from power down. First 1.5 seconds of sound is not played, there is clicking sound instead. There is a click after 5 seconds of playback (power down). 2) There are noticeable clicks at the start and stop of playback. (1) can be solved with: echo -1> /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c22c00.codec/cdc/pmdown_time (thanks for sharing it!) (2) is caused by audio driver which sets PWM output to zero while preparing playback and after playback. It should let it running ar 50% ratio instead. The only way to play click-free sounds messages OPI currently is using dmix: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1960-configuring-orange-pi-pc-for-analogue-line-out-jack-audio-output-and-simultaneous-hdmi-output-with-software-mixing/ and pushing silent data constantly, like some people did on rapsberry PI before similar issue was fixed: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/128
  17. You have to remember that all Rockchip SoC give priority boot order to eMMC against SDCard. I don't own a Firefly, so I don't know if there switch or jumper or test points to disable eMMC to allow SDCard been booted. Once you will be able to boot SDCard, installing Armbian on the eMMC will give you a interruptible U-Boot where you can hit <spacebar> to get promt and choose boot device using "setenv devnum <X>", either eMMC or SDCard, followed by "run mmc_boot".
  18. Hi, I can recommend only Soviet books, Victor Sorokoletov, very cool books on microprocessors
  19. Modern kernel code - when you use armbian-config way of installing kernel sources (on Debian Buster or Ubuntu Bionic based Armbian) - you only need to go to the source directory and run "make zImage|Image" and you are done. In some case some wireless drivers might have issues with compilers ... but don't take this feature as granted yet.
  20. Hello, I bought TV Box A95X Z2 - RK3318 from Aliexpress and tried running the latest armbian images from this topic. I tried using whole bunch of DTBs and none booted. I'll try to list and try all of them later but I have a bad feeling none will work. Did anyone try and found the working armbian for that model? What else can I try to boot it up? Thank you
  21. Found the reset pinhole near the AV input meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb or meson-g12b-ugoos-am6.dtb got me to the login prompt, but keyboard does not work
  22. The results of the first tests on Ugoos x2pro. First impressions are very positive. This model has support for all hardware (including WiFi) on the new core 5. Heating under load (full-screen video via browser) does not exceed 53 degrees. Given that the Android firmware for Ugoos models is considered one of the best, it is a good option for use at home both for working with media content and as a mini PC. And for those who need maximum performance - AM6 with s922x. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x2/776917-x2-cube-amlogic-s905x2-android-9-0-2-16gb-emmc-dual-wifi-gig-lan-usb3-0-samba-server?p=789162#post789162
  23. I do not use wifi at all, so I'd like to disable it completely. It's not configured right now, but I wonder if I could power down whole chip, ex. commenting it out in DT file? Does it save some power or not?
  24. @sfx2000 It's not a question of performance, but of convenience. At least to me. Small fanless ARM personal computer devices are getting faster and faster on one hand. On the other, they can be easy installed at home or other places where space, energy costs, and even cooling, are an issue. And left there running 24h. So, you can launch heavy duty compiling tasks and forget them, till the next morning or the evening when you return back home. BTW, I understand that building a working arm64 toolchain could be not easy. Actually, I can't imagine the effort required. I would have to deepen armbian code or be given some hint where to start by somebody more experienced than me.
  25. pkfox

M4 V2

Finally got this new board to boot from eMMC - a huge thanks to all on here who guided me. The final missing link was the manufacturer of the board decided to reverse the eMMC connection ( thank you @pask ) It's been a good learning curve though - Big tip of the hat to @pask who built the working image and @martinayotte for sussing the WiFi and other stuff. Now if only someone could get a HiFiBerry DAC hat working on one of these :-)
  1. Load more activity