Jump to content
  • 0

Bluetooth poser


pkfox
 Share

Question

 

l used armbian-config to activate Bluetooth but get this message when I check the status

 

root@nanopim4:~# /etc/init.d/bluetooth status
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2019-06-06 07:17:58 BST; 11s ago
           └─ ConditionPathIsDirectory=/sys/class/bluetooth was not met
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)

 

any ideas chaps ?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
49 minutes ago, pkfox said:

l used armbian-config to activate Bluetooth


That only installs user land Bluetooth scripts and utilities. Low level driver must be present and it used to be for this board. I noticed few days ago that its not working any more. This means investigation has to be done. Without its hard to tell where is the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

  • 0
On 6/6/2019 at 8:13 AM, Igor said:


That only installs user land Bluetooth scripts and utilities. Low level driver must be present and it used to be for this board. I noticed few days ago that its not working any more. This means investigation has to be done. Without its hard to tell where is the problem.

Investigation by who ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, pkfox said:

Investigation by who ?


Armbian is free and support and R&D is 99% sponsored by Armbian contributors. We all already have 1000+ small tasks as such on the task list(s) and we deal with them whenever we find time. Each new task that is brought up can easily take several years before its resolved. If its not lost or resolved by someone else in the mean time.

 

By anyone that is willing/happy with donating his time and understand how things are made?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
20 hours ago, Igor said:


Armbian is free and support and R&D is 99% sponsored by Armbian contributors. We all already have 1000+ small tasks as such on the task list(s) and we deal with them whenever we find time. Each new task that is brought up can easily take several years before its resolved. If its not lost or resolved by someone else in the mean time.

 

By anyone that is willing/happy with donating his time and understand how things are made?

Ok I thought you meant I needed to do more investigating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, pkfox said:

Ok I thought you meant I needed to do more investigating


I am sure you will be able to solve this if you did. It's not that complex and there are many working examples. I just spent 2 hours to make BT work on Rockpi4. Spent your 2h for a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Igor said:


I am sure you will be able to solve this if you did. It's not that complex and there are many working examples. I just spent 2 hours to make BT work on Rockpi4. Spent your 2h for a start.

Thanks for your vote of confidence but where do I start ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
apt install bluez
reboot

 

and BT will work. If you have (build) latest image. The same would be installed via armbian-config ... which means you have some older build, where some things might be missing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
43 minutes ago, Igor said:

apt install bluez
reboot

 

and BT will work. If you have (build) latest image. The same would be installed via armbian-config ... which means you have some older build, where some things might be missing.

I actually downloaded the code and built it and I think it's working but I haven't connected anything yet

 

root@nanopim4:~# service bluetooth status
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2019-06-09 12:47:02 BST; 43min ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
 Main PID: 4299 (bluetoothd)
   Status: "Running"
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─4299 /usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd --experimental

Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 bluetoothd[4299]: Bluetooth daemon 5.50
Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 bluetoothd[4299]: Starting SDP server
Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 bluetoothd[4299]: kernel lacks bnep-protocol support
Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 bluetoothd[4299]: System does not support network plugin
Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 bluetoothd[4299]: Bluetooth management interface 1.10 initialized
Jun 09 12:47:02 nanopim4 systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, pkfox said:

I actually downloaded the code and built it and I think it's working but I haven't connected anything yet


It is but it looks this method is not very stable. Another one is already in the works. Need to do more tests ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Igor said:


It is but it looks this method is not very stable. Another one is already in the works. Need to do more tests ...

So you think I have it working ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
31 minutes ago, Igor said:

Yes, if you have a device up:


hcitool dev

I have a better solution anyway and it (seems to) work, but need to do more tests.

This is what I get

 

root@nanopim4:~# hcitool dev
Devices:
        hci0    00:1A:7D:DA:71:13

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, pkfox said:

Hi Igor, will the fix be in the nightly build yet ?


No, its part of the image and we only rebuild kernel packages for this board. You need to rebuild it or wait on next update which is not even due.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Igor said:


No, its part of the image and we only rebuild kernel packages for this board. You need to rebuild it or wait on next update which is not even due.

 

Ok thanks is there a howto for building an image ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...