49 49
balbes150

Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

12 minutes ago, Rajesh said:

@balbes150 I tried this image on Tanix TX6 which has H6 and everything is working great including on board wifi. Added the new u-boot also.

As per the documentation here on Ambian https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner-H6/ the CPU of H6 is set to clock at highest possible speed. Is there a way to use CPU governor on these images? I tried to edit /etc/default/cpufrequtils to limit the freq to 1.5 MHz but could not perceive any visible effect. The CPU gets so hot (above 90 degrees C) that we can prepare coffee on the box at slightest provocation, like play a movie or something. The device is well ventilated and has alluminium heat sink with an additional metal plate on the top.  It is a good device and good Armbian image if the temp can be controlled. Let me know if I can try something to address this.

-R

1810000 -> 1488000

Did you reload cpufrequtils afterwards?

4 minutes ago, Werner said:

1810000 -> 1488000

Did you reload cpufrequtils afterwards?

I rebooted the device so I assume it must have done this.

There is this post discussing temperature being over reported by 20 degrees...

image.png.3c2aca81694f3dfa948da11b680fc7f3.png

Need to check if this helps. I wonder if this patch is included in the build.

-R

On 7/3/2020 at 3:14 PM, dbsharpe said:

I've been considering for some time bootstrapping from sdcard but mounting the internal flash as root.
If the /data partition is big enough, you could rm * everything and copy partition 2 from the sdcard.
I'd assume the init script in /boot/uInitrd would need modifying as the root= argument in /boot/uEnv.txt APPEND= only accepts devices, uuid & labels (AFAIK).
Note putting single in uEnv.txt APPEND boots to a shell at runlevel 1 which may help debugging etc.

After considering, I'm currently running armbian Ubuntu Focal on internal flash (just the android /data partition) but bootstraping a p212 s905x from sdcard by making the following mods:

uInitrd -> initrd:/bin/mount replace with ROOTFS/bin/mount  binary
uInitrd -> initrd:/scripts/local  replace the line
       mount ${roflag} ${FSTYPE:+-t ${FSTYPE} }${ROOTFLAGS} ${ROOT} ${rootmnt}
with
       /bin/mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk1 ${rootmnt} -o loop,offset=2545942528,sizelimit=5272240128

copy sdcard ROOTFS to mounted flash and edit
/etc/fstab  -> comment out #LABEL=ROOTFS  and add
/dev/mmcblk1  / ext4 loop,offset=2545942528,sizelimit=5272240128

If I return to booting from sdcard and running ROOTFS on sdcard, does anyone have any experience of how my box will behave if I issue these commands:

mke2fs -t ext4  /dev/mmcblk1 ; sync ; reboot   (internal flash is /dev/mmcblk1).