Beelink GT King S922 -> Armbian Linux

yogadater

Hi there,
I am very new here and would like to install Linux on my BOX Beelink GT king.

I only read very little about the S922 and couldn't find out any correct information.

Can you help me with the image and DTB I need?

Thanks.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:52 AM, balbes150 said:

Contact the manufacturer of the equipment.

@balbes150 I found this thread today: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12162-single-armbian-image-for-rk-aml-aw/

Do you not recommend running that image on the GT-King Pro? If so, can you elaborate why?

Additionally, is there a reason why that image is not included on the Armbian downloads page and is instead hosted on a file sharing service?

I tried to find some kind of "generic" image on the downloads page, but was unable to. Is there a generic image or do all images have to be manufacturer specific?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, alimbada said:

Do you not recommend running that image on the GT-King Pro? If so, can you elaborate why?

You can certainly try balbes150's generic images.  Depending on what your needs are, it may work well enough for you.  But don't expect support or fixes if it doesn't work for you.

Additionally, is there a reason why that image is not included on the Armbian downloads page and is instead hosted on a file sharing service?

balbes150's images and in general most of the discussion in the TV Box subforum revolve around non-official armbian forks that are not supported by the main armbian project.  However the armbian project does graciously let those of us who have an interest in these boxes use the forums and some other of their resources.

I tried to find some kind of "generic" image on the downloads page, but was unable to. Is there a generic image or do all images have to be manufacturer specific?

That is because that is not the goal or structure of the armbian project.  It is focused on the wide variety but still somewhat limited number of SBC's out there.  The much larger pool of TV boxes (which often have no support from their manufacturers) is outside the scope of the armbian project.

• Werner locked this topic