usb-wwan.h on 5.4.28-sunxi64

Rob Gillan

Hello,

Trying to compile the Qualcomm Gobi serial USB drivers for a Simcom wireless chip on a NanoPi Neo2 (sunxi64).  I've loaded the kernel headers via armbian-config and typically this specific header file would be in drivers/usb/serial.  We're using the pre-built image.  Is there an easy way to get this into our kernel or do we have to embark on a full compile?
Any help very much appreciated

Rob

USB_SERIAL_QUALCOMM is already enabled as module, called qcserial. Not sure what is the issue there.

Make sure the correct headers package matching your current kernel has been installed.

armbianmonitor -u

30 minutes ago, Rob Gillan said:

Is there an easy way

In case something you need is missing and can't be build with headers, recompiling kernel with Armbian tools (on your x86 desktop PC / server) and deploy .deb files is the easeast possible way. Or one of the easieast way. We plan to sort out onboard compilation (done) and packing (not done yet) ... which means you will be able to recompile kernel in "no time" (on fastest boards, on older boards this it IHMO insane to do).

When you add the missing feature, its recommended that you push it upstream. We welcome such contributions.

Thanks for the prompt response, and digging I do see the qcserial module.  When I plug in the device via USB its not showing up so I think I need to go digging and find out why (hopefully not a hardware issue).  I plugged in a simple serial to USB converter and it appears as ttyUSB0 so don't expect it's an armbian issue (at least not yet)

20 minutes ago, Rob Gillan said:

Thanks for the prompt response, and digging I do see the qcserial module.  When I plug in the device via USB its not showing up so I think I need to go digging and find out why (hopefully not a hardware issue).  I plugged in a simple serial to USB converter and it appears as ttyUSB0 so don't expect it's an armbian issue (at least not yet)

Just for the heck of it. Can you try to use standard Ubuntu Focal or Debian Bullseye on your x86 desktop and plug this thing in? Just curios what happens since Focal and Bullseye are both at kernel 5.4 like Armbians current branch is.

4 hours ago, Rob Gillan said:

We resolved it with the module manufacturer and once done it simply popped up as soon as the USB was connected (using the default qualcomm module).  Thanks for your responsiveness

Is there anything you wanna share with the community how you acchieved to make it work for you? Someone else might appreciate it in the future ;)