Help needed with Minix T5 (S905x2)

molerus

Hi All,

I've been trying to run Armbian on Minix for the past 2 days with no luck. I did the following:

- dowloaded the image Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz and unpacked it

- copied it to SDCARD using dd

- modified extlinux.conf uncommenting this line: #FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

- I uncommented #APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

- I renamed u-boot-s905x2-s922 to u-boot.ext

- run the update selecting aml_autoscript.zip

After reboot the dreadful image of Android opened show up with massively verbose message: Error

I tried toothpick method, with the same luck.

I was able to run Coreelec from SD card without any issues for the past few months now so my SD card seems to be fine.

Any help is appreciated

1 hour ago, molerus said:

I was able to run Coreelec from SD card without any issues for the past few months now so my SD card seems to be fine.

Coreelec modifies the boot loader environment in incompatible ways to the Armbian TV needs.  You will need to reflash a standard android image to restore the box to a clean state before trying to run armbian tv.