again a "no ethernet after update" - this time NanoPi K1 Plus with 5.10.4-dev

guidol
Go to solution Solved by Igor,

the last weeks I did read about some SBCs not having a ethernet-connection after update.

This time I got this with update from 5.10.3-dev to 5.10.4-dev with armbian buster :(

I had the Network-Manager deinstalled and did see my IP which I did configure via /etc/networks but couldnt arrive the K1Plus via ssh/ping and when I used a TTL-RS232 on the K1Plus I cant ping anything in my network or the internet.

But dmesg did say the networkport eth0 is up :( (yellow and green led are also did "work")

dwmac-sun8i 1c30000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

To switch back to a older kernel I had to configure wlan0, but eth0 keept the old IP and seems also did get a DHCP-IP from my IP-Range, so I had also to ifconfig eth0 down

Now with wlan0 up I did switch back to kernel 5.10.0-rc7-sunxi64 via armbian-config.
After this reconfiguration and a reboot eth0 does work again :)

Without network I did a armbianmonitor -U - the result has been attached here and
after the network reconfiguration I did a armbianmonitor -u :

System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to http://ix.io/2KY5

armbianmonitor_offline.txt

14 hours ago, Igor said:

Thank you - you save others :rolleyes: I didn't spot this problem ... fixed. 

That was a fast fix, which worked fine :) 

System diagnosis information has been uploaded to http://ix.io/2L2u 
@IgorDo you think there could also such a problem in the ethernet-phy-definition possbile with the OPi R1 (nonPlus)?
With the last images I have the problem, that eth0 (wired to the soc) does go on and off and cant be used.

The second ethernetport which is wired via USB is working for me.

Is there any bootlog/dmesg where I can check this myself or can you take a quick look into the OPi R1 .dtb/dts?

10 minutes ago, guidol said:

Do you think there could also such a problem in the ethernet-phy-definition possbile with the OPi R1 (nonPlus)?

AFAIK this affects gigabit LANs only. It can be something else.

4 hours ago, Igor said:

AFAIK this affects gigabit LANs only. It can be something else.

I checked the (at mine problematic) OPi R1 configuration against the working OPi Zero and couldnt find a difference for 1c30000-ethernet.

But I have the same flaky ethernet on a NanoPi Neo and Sunvell R69 - they are all Allwinner H2(+)/H3(?) Boards.

All other boards like H5 (Neo2, K1Plus) , S905 (Odroid C2), RPi and M2 Berry doesnt got this problem - and also some normal PC do work fine on my cables/hubs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.