Set Dram Freq 132Mhz

Hello, I used to set dram freq at 132mhz on previous kernels, how can I do it now ?

Linux nanopineo 5.15.48-sunxi #22.05.3 SMP Wed Jun 22 07:35:10 UTC 2022 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

I used to set dram freq with h3consumption with this kernel

Linux nanopineo 3.4.113-sun8i #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 12 15:54:26 CET 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

echo "echo ${DramClockspeed}000 >/sys/devices/platform/sunxi-ddrfreq/devfreq/sunxi-ddrfreq/userspace/set_freq
sed -i "s/dram_clk\ =\ \(.*\)/dram_clk = ${DramClockspeed}/" "${FexSettings}"

But now, I don't know how I can do it, when I add "config_dram_clk=132000" to reduce consumption in boot env config, it has no effect

I can found parameters in "Dtc" with armbian-config :

dram-controller@1c62000 {
        reg = <0x1c62000 0x1000 0x1c63000 0x1000>;
        reg-names = "mbus\0dram";
        clocks = <0x03 0x1a 0x03 0x60 0x03 0x71>;
        clock-names = "apb\0dram\0mbus";
        #address-cells = <0x01>;
        #size-cells = <0x01>;
        dma-ranges = <0x00 0x40000000 0xc0000000>;
        #interconnect-cells = <0x01>;
        compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3-mbus";
        phandle = <0x2f>;
 };

Or maybe here /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c62000.dram-controller ?

I haven't found a solution despite reading some threads :

https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner-H3/#tips-and-tricks-general

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8176-migrating-form-fex-how-to-disable-hdmi-wifi-and-other/

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1614-running-h3-boards-with-minimal-consumption/

Edited by sirob

Ahaa. Yes these tools were made for the old legacy kernel which support for has been dropped years ago and they were never updated.

So it assume for the now settings like you mention are not possible at this time and probably won't be in near or far future unless either somebody invests their time to do research or somebody sponsors such researches :(

So, you say that Armbian support needs money, I thought that Armbian was a non profit initiative....

What "support" are you talking about ? Maintainers team ?

Can you tell clearly the price before, honnestly....

There are other distributions that maintains things rigth, so much time wasted here ^^^

25 minutes ago, deleted said:

What "support" are you talking about ?

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/

27 minutes ago, deleted said:

There are other distributions

Yes they are. They are actively stealing what we develop. They even come to this forum with their users asking us to support their clients. Its sick how other distributions operate.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

There are other distributions that maintains things rigth, so much time wasted here ^^^

This was maintained right - obsolete vendor kernel which hinders many modern functionality (wireguard, for example) was replaced with mainline kernel, which receives non-stop fixes and improvements for the cost of not supporting some HW features, which still can be eventually supported.

DDR frequency scaling is mostly regarded as power saving feature, so most people don't care if board consumes few mA more or less. Only recently such driver was added for Allwinner A64 and H5, but these are pretty different from A20, so driver most probably can't be easily extended.