installing software / updates

LvL0

Hello, starting at Level 0 here. guess I'm just looking for a point in the right direction. want to learn how to install updates. (the short version)

the long version is, I spent several hours learning I was burning armbian for my brand new libre H5 onto a Sandisk Xc V2 (oops) to re-read the instructions for the I don't know howmanith time before I noticed the detail about v2 cards are having a hard time being supported. Finally it is up and running I'm happy to say I'm currently using it which is a step in the right direction, but as I am using it to look up youtube videos to update firefox I realize I don't have audio so now I'm down a different path trying to update the driver for HDMI so I can get audio.  If this rambling is inappropriate let me know I won't do it again. I have Never used a forum before (other than research)  and I'm stuck.

You are doing great for your first time (on a forum 😄).

A good point of start is always to provide basic debugging information. Open a terminal window and put sudo armbianmonitor -u into and paste the output URL here.

After playing with my board yesterday I think everything is up to date. I used [sudo apt update] which did't seem to help. in the GUI i found software & updates under settings which didn't seem to help, then I ran the software updater which says it brought everything up to date. 

that being said I still don't have audio from HDMI, I am getting audio from the 2.5 mm Jack on the board. (maybe this HDMI is not designed to have audio) 

https://paste.armbian.com/inuhararit

I guess i've figured out how to do updates, should I mark this solved and start looking in other threads for the HDMI issue?