Legacy (kernel 3.4.x) for A10-Lime

Jordan Stanway

Hi,

I just tried the current images (Armbian_5.14_Lime-a10_Debian_jessie_3.4.112) without success on a A10-lime with NAND.

I can't see the /dev/nandX devices. I also tried to build image (and kernel) using your build tool, and activating NAND devices: no more success.

u-boot does not see the NAND either.

Is it still not supported ? or did anyone succeeded in making it work ?

Hi,

I just tried the current images (Armbian_5.14_Lime-a10_Debian_jessie_3.4.112) without success on a A10-lime with NAND.

I can't see the /dev/nandX devices. I also tried to build image (and kernel) using your build tool, and activating NAND devices: no more success.

u-boot does not see the NAND either.

Is it still not supported ? or did anyone succeeded in making it work ?

It's disabled in config. Enable it and it should work.

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/config/fex/lime-a10.fex#L281

Hi again,

So the kernel is fine, but apparently not the u-boot bootloader. I can boot from SD card fine. But after installation on the NAND, booting from it gives me a ** Unrecognized filesystem type ** error :

CPU:   Allwinner A10 (SUN4I)
Board: Cubieboard
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  0 MiB
MMC:   SUNXI SD/MMC: 0
Card did not respond to voltage select!
MMC init failed
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   emac
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
** File not found boot/uEnv.txt **
** File not found uEnv.txt **
** File not found /boot/script.bin **
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
** File not found /script.bin **

Calling ''nand info'' from u-boot prompt gives no response. I presume I miss a configuration in u-boot, but I cannot figure out where.

I am surprised that the Board detected is Cubietruck although I am running a OLinuXino A10-Lime.

This part will be harder to solve since we lost track to correct NAND u-boot sources long time ago. I can't rebuild boot loader with NAND support ... I have two binaries, one is for Cubieboard A10, the other is for Cubietruck. I can boot from NAND: Cubieboard1,2,3,Olimex Lime 1,2, Pcduinos and Oranges A20 from NAND. I guess Lime A10 has some differentiates? Huh

Check if you have nand-part tools installed.

Before you gave up, do the rescue scenario - flash NAND with Phoenix tools and install once again.