Odroid M1 - no internet after OMV6 install on armbian

Vodalex

Hello! I have bought Odroid M1 and installed arbian Image Armbian BullseyeCLI

it works great but after installing OMV using armbian-config and rebooting the is no network available.

If i run ap addr i get for the LAN adapter following: eth0: <BROADCAST.MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noo state DOWN qlen 1000

How can this be fixed?

When I reboot the system it gets stuck on network configuration writing "A start job is running for Wait for Network to be Configured.

I wait two minutes and then the system boots without network.

The only chance to get network back is to run omv-firstaid and configure it or run following commands in the terminal

ip link set dev eth0 up

dhclient eth0

This command gives warning: /etc/resolvcon/update.d/libc: Warning: /etc/resolv.conf is not symbolic link to /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

Any help would be highly appreciated.

10 hours ago, Vodalex said:

but after installing OMV using armbian-config and rebooting the is no network available.

This means that OMV, which anyway completely changes OS, somehow breaks networking.

OMV was working well for many years, Armbian was even official partner ... As we didn't change anything in this regard, I would assume they changed something so try also to find this answer on their forums. 

4 hours ago, Vodalex said:

Strange that it behaves like that.

Nothing strange. All software has bugs ;) and I don't fully exclude there is a problem with Armbian, just for this, I would say its probably on their side ... things are complex and is difficult to be sure without a research.