Armbian Build Instructions for Orange Pi Mini 2

noob1

I have an Orange Pi Mini 2.  As far as i know there is no official/ unofficial armbian build for this. there are other boards like orange pi pc, orange pi 2 and tritium h3 board whose images run fine for this board. I have also made armbian image builds with orange pi pc as target and these images work on opi mini 2. I would like to know how could i make a build exclusively for orange pi mini 2. 

Thanks Werner for your support. I did make a copy renamed it and changed the name inside too. This image also works okay. one thing i did differently was to use tritium-h3 as base because i felt that it represented the hardware more accurately(please correct me if im wrong)

I have a few queries:

1. How can i test that all hardware is working correctly, if not then what should i do to correct them.

2. the build currently takes more than an hour to complete. Is there any way to speed this up?

3. What more i should do so that board could be added to armbian build config. Im willing to put more work into it.

Thanks again for so much help.

5 hours ago, noob1 said:

1. How can i test that all hardware is working correctly, if not then what should i do to correct them.

Use it. There is such thing like self-tests.

5 hours ago, noob1 said:

2. the build currently takes more than an hour to complete. Is there any way to speed this up?

Get better CPU. Building a kernel on a potato takes as long as it takes :D There is a reason why we collected money for something more powerful to speed builds up a while ago:

5 hours ago, noob1 said:

3. What more i should do so that board could be added to armbian build config. Im willing to put more work into it.

Create a PR to the build script.

https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Contribute/

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Adding-Board-Family/