Orange Pi 4 LTS - audio I2S output on GPIO ( 26 pin header ).

Lazy

orange-pi-4-lts-pinout.jpgHi

I want to use the I2S GPIO output pins ( 26 pins ) on Orange Pi4 LTS to connect multi channel DAC.

Is it possible to overlay some pins?

Edited by Lazy
add a pinout picture

1 hour ago, Lazy said:

Nobody know?

Probably someone knows but:

- doesn't have time to answer,  research and answer, do everything you are asking and provide you a simple plug and play solution,

- didn't notice this at this very short period of time. Complexity in this world is extreme and not everyone knows everything.

Basically you are seeking someone that will spent hours or days to study instead of you and make something you will deploy and use? That is extreme optimism, but its possible. Getting that kind of question answered just in a matter of days adds to more to this extreme. This does not work this way. And you are new to this community. 

What is here not supported is laziness. RK3399 boards share this functionality, so I would say there must be something on this topic already on this forum. Its a goldmine but also a black hole at the same time so sometimes is hard to find things. And when you contribute, chances that someone you are looking for will help you.

I am sorry, I don't know what you are asking without spending hours. Which is something I can't afford. Remember to not bump topic if you don't add value.

Welcome to Armbian community.

16 часов назад, Igor сказал:

Basically you are seeking someone that will spent hours or days

Not exactly...

I did something byself - enabled i2s1, added i2s1 sound card (not sure if it works). 😄 But the GPIO overlay is too complicated for me.

i2s1 {

i2s1-2ch-bus {
                rockchip,pins = <0x04 0x03 0x01 0xb9 0x04 0x04 0x01 0xb9 0x04 0x05 0x01 0xb9 0x04 0x06 0x01 0xb9 0x04 0x07 0x01 0xb9>;
                phandle = <0x9b>;
            };
        };

Pins? GPIO? What addresses to write here?

Sorry for the very late answer, and sorry for not shipping good news, but the last time I checked the datasheets, I also found that no I2S bus is available on the GPIO header, hence no external I2S DAC can be used directly on Orange PI 4 LTS boards