OPI+ / Temp?

pakikje

my fan works really wel.. :-)

Just for the general public (others who stumble accross this thread by accident ;) ): In case you don't want to run heavy loads permanently with Armbian and H3 boards no fan is needed. If you want to run heavy stuff choose a good heatsink instead. Only a fan is a waste of ressources, only combined with a heatsink a fan starts to make some sense (but useless anyway since Plus, Plus 2 or Plus 2E are known to survive even heavy loads with heatsink without slowing down -- no throttling)

Just so you (who ever reads this) know:

I have my OPI+ running at 100% all the time (gov: performance). Installed a fan. Fan did not cool the  cpu much. Installed 3 little heatsinks. Max temp dropped 25  degrees celsius (with the fan blowing of course). (at 100% load / performace the cpu-temp = 50 degrees celsius, in my case)

I am just fooling around with the OPI+ and armbian. Still looking for a "better" OS. (hope DietPi will get a dev sample board and will make an image for the Orange Pi+)

I am just fooling around with the OPI+ and armbian. Still looking for a "better" OS. (hope DietPi will get a dev sample board and will make an image for the Orange Pi+)

When you find a better one, please drop as a note. We would really like to improve Armbian. The only other second option is (will be!) armbian (or some other well supported OS) with kernel 4.9+, when ready. Since alternative is not yet polished, you can only fry the board by using it at full load ...

BTW. DietPi uses Armbian as a base.