After upgrade, OMV can not be installed

Wolf2000

Nach dem upgrade kann OMV nicht installiert werden

Hallo an Alle

Seit gestern geht das Installieren von Openmediavault nicht und zwar auf

Armbian 4.8.4 und  4.9.5

Wenn ich Update friert das ganze System ein.

Hello everyone

Since yesterday, the installation of Openmediavault does not start
Armbian 4.8.4 and 4.9.5
If I update freezes the whole System

Creating config file /etc/exports with new version

debconf: DbDriver "templatedb": could not sync /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat-new: Input/output error

dpkg: error processing package nfs-kernel-server (--configure):

subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Setting up nginx-common (1.6.2-5+deb8u4) ...

dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:

unable to fsync updated status of `nginx-common': Input/output error

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

root@bananapi:~# dpkg --configure -a

dpkg: error: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system

root@bananapi:~# apt-get imstall -f

E: Command line option 'f' [from -f] is not known.

root@bananapi:~# apt-get install -f

W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

root@bananapi:~# dpkg --configure -a

dpkg: error: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system

root@bananapi:~#

root@bananapi:~# apt-get update

Ign http://httpredir.debian.orgjessie InRelease

7% [Working]^C

The SD card is not broken.

'Read-only file system' is a pretty clear sign that there's something wrong with your file system (most probably caused by SD card or unsafe shutdowns related to powering problems). Checking 'dmesg' output is a good idea and looking into my signature maybe too.

Servus @tkaiser

Die SD-Karten sind okay, und die Stromversorgung auch, und ich bin auch kein OTG anschliesser :) Bin ein von den Admins im https://forum-bpi.de/portal

Ich wollte auf meiner Banana Pi 4.8.4 Kernel (Server img.) das OMV 3 installieren habe vorher schön Brav updatet aber OMV3 lies sich nicht installieren also hab ich mir gedacht lädst ein neues img. Herunter da war das mit  kernel 4.9.5 da laste sich Das OMV3 auch nicht bei beiden wurden die Fehler Meldungen immer mehr so das manche Kommando Ã¼berhaupt nicht mehr kannte. :wacko:

Ich habe noch das img. mit dem Kernel 4.7.3 hab mir dort das OMV installiert und auf 4.8.4 Kernel updatet und läuft jetzt ganz normal. :D

Gab es bei Armbian irgend welche Änderungen?

Ich habe es auf Deutsch geschrieben weil der Google- Ãœbersetzter ist so eine Sache.

mfg Wolf2000

Actually, I'm having very similar problems. I have just checked the SD card with f3, and it's 100% perfect. (It's a Samsung EVO 32.) I use a white iPad charger as the power source, on paper it delivers 2.4A at 5V, so it SHOULD be good, but I'm starting to suspect it.

Anyway... what happens is when I first boot, everything seems fine. However, when I do a system upgrade, it seems to want to upgrade the whole base system, including kernel modules, systemd, the whole thing... and it drops out mid-update.

The Debian Jessie image errored out when upacking the kernel modules, saying that /usr is mounted read only... After that the whole system was borked.

I tried the Ubuntu Xenial image next, it also wanted to upgrade the whole base system, and also died out during upgrade - I got an infinite repeat of low-level errors on the mmc device, since it cleared off the screen I didn't see yet which package was at fault.

My first reaction was that maybe the SD card is counterfeit or defective, but it isn't, according to f3. So... what if the latest upgrade IS bad?

I'm on a Banana Pro, and tried doing the apt-get update/upgrade first thing, before doing the other steps for changing device type - so maybe that's the problem? Dunno.

I use a white iPad charger as the power source, on paper it delivers 2.4A at 5V, so it SHOULD be good [...] I'm on a Banana Pro

So your problem lives most probably between board and charger and is called undervoltage since Banana people used the most shitty DC-IN connector possible: Micro USB. Some details: https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/3414-orange-pi-zero-wireless-ap/?view=getlastpost

So your problem lives most probably between board and charger and is called undervoltage since Banana people used the most shitty DC-IN connector possible: Micro USB. Some details: https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/3414-orange-pi-zero-wireless-ap/?view=getlastpost

Oh wow, I think you just solved my problem. :) Nah, I couldn't get it to work due to lack of appropriate cables lying around, but yes, this makes a lot of sense. I used some thin 2m data cable that apparently has AWG28/2c for power... I'm positive as the cpu throttles up, and there's a lot of mmc access, the voltage gets, well, underwhelming.

I've actually come across this issue before with a mini-usb external hard drive... I once had this long thin mini-usb cable that I got for some keyboard or something lying around, and connected it up... and the drive motor would stop intermittently after a few minutes of operation. At first I thought the drive was dead, but no, the cable was shit - and that was powered from a regular notebook USB port.

Anyway I guess I need to find a good 20AWG USB cable for this thing then...

Anyway I guess I need to find a good 20AWG USB cable for this thing then...

If it's short 24AWG is ok too. But with a connected disk with high spin-up power requirements (read as: older drives with high capacity) this still can be a problem and powering the disk separately and maybe also using the 'SATA power' connector to provide power to the board is a good idea. Some ideas/thoughts: https://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/3387-nas-on-banana-pi-need-advice-on-power-supply/

And some links: http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14822&page=1#pid76772 (with Armbian you can monitor input voltage with both legace and mainline kernel!)

Hm I'm wondering if it's a good idea at all to try and power an actual hdd through the BPro...

It's easy to do the math, just check specs of the drive used (spin-up current needed), choose a HDD that doesn't need that high numbers here (more recent Seagate/​Samsung 2.5" Spinpoint for example), check consumption demand of connected peripherals, leave 650 mA safety headroom for 'A20 under full load' and check whether you exceed 1.8A (max amperage the Micro crap connector is rated for) or not.

If not simply prevent undervoltage (short AWG20 rated) cable, choose not a cheap USB charger but a reasonable PSU and you're done. These adapters from 5.5x2.1 barrel to Micro USB combined with any such PSU lying around were the game changer for me. Since the majority of the Micro USB problem usually lives inside the cable.