OpiPC+ problem with audio on mainline kernel

krzystke

Hello, I am using Orange Pi PC Plus with Armbian Nightly. Since upgrade to kernel 4.11.0 audio stopped working, on kernel 4.10.11 everything was alright. When I am trying to open alsamixer i get error

cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

Can I fix it somehow? Can I still get last image with 4.10.11? Unfortunately it's not available at download page (too late).

Those images are not for using yet, but for developers testing, which know now that audio is broken :) Most likely this is known and must "just" be re-implemented to the branch we recently switched too. There are few things you could do: wait to be fixed, help with fixing and development, ...

We plan to froze things with 4.11.

Thank you for anwsering. I know they are developers versions, but I found out that they are great for server (Ubuntu and mainline kernel), I am not using desktop anyway. Do you store somewhere older images? 170502 was as far as I remember last image with 4.10.11 kernel.

Freezing means abandoning support and developing or it will be just slower and more focused about fixing things?

1 hour ago, krzystke said:

Can I fix it somehow?

I will push the fix later. You can patch the DT manually os use an overlay to enable the codec in DT.

1 minute ago, krzystke said:

Freezing means abandoning support and developing or it will be just slower and more focused about fixing things?

Most likely he meant that kernel on nightly images will be marked as "hold" by default so it will not be automatically updated on apt upgrade.

That means we will try to put out a separate beta version, which will remain unchanged. We don't keep nightly builds for more than few days.

Wrote on mobile