Orange Pi 4 LTS does not boot anymore from EMMC or SD card (Red light only during boot)

D_el

Hello folks!

I was experimenting with all ARM images (Manjaro, Fedora, Arch, etc) i could find to test with the Orange Pi 4 LTS SBC board, and when i was about to return to armbian, it didnt boot anymore, not even from the SD card flashed with a proper image. I' currently using UART USB to TTL debug device to see whats happening with the board and it returns this:

image.thumb.png.17e1f491765bf85a3e642f547bbb6040.png

NOTE: [At the moment of this screenshot the board was with a SD card flashed with the default orange pi debian server image]

Does anyone know how to reset this board and get it booting again from any ARM images?

Would really appreciate any help on this to discover what i did mess up...

Thanks in advance

Edited by D_el

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

Thanks!

No, i did not. And don’t think i am skilled enough to physically remove the emmc from the board without compromising it lol

Is there a way to erase all emmc contents from another machine? like, making the storage being recognized from another machine and erasing it via terminal? Idk...

or a set of hard reset buttons?

You need to find out how to put this SoC into Maskrom mode ... connecting eMMC clock pin to ground will force it to boot U-boot from SD card. Check forum if someone write instructions for this board.

On 9/2/2024 at 12:50 AM, D_el said:

and when i was about to return to armbian

Some other distributions are dangerous to run :) It is known that Manjaro tried to lock down boot-loader to prevent you from going elsewhere once you got there. Here you can read some background.