Banana Pi M1+ Extra Configuration

Hello everybody.
AFAIK Banana PI M1+ share the same costumed Armbian OS with Banana Pro. The Armbian can run pretty well without any changes on my Banana Pro. The problem is, with the same OS image, the on-board WiFi is not working and i can't remember what im doing (what i remember is I do something inside /boot directory), then the WiFi is detected and working properly on my Banana Pi M1+.

My simple question is

What is the right way to configure Armbian for Banana Pi M1+ after installation?
I assume all the default configuration is for Banana Pro and we need some tweak for Banana Pi M1+ especially to enable on-board WiFi and to use GPIO properly. 

The only change is board configuration files, relink /boot/script.bin to /boot/bin/bananapim1plus.bin and if you use mainline kernel add fdtfile=sun7i-a20-bananapi-m1-plus.dtb to /boot/armbianEnv.txt

8 minutes ago, rmi said:

I still do not have wifi functional on my M1+

No matter how hard I tried ...

Exactly which image and kernel you were trying to use?

i use: Armbian_5.25_Bananapi_Debian_jessie_default_3.4.113

and then:

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

and:

rm -f /boot/script.bin

ln -s /boot/bin/bananapiprolcd7.bin /boot/script.bin

and add

fdtfile=sun7i-a20-bananapi-m1-plus.dtb to /boot/armbianEnv.txt

Use mainline kernel, the one which is recommended and it will work. I don't know why it doesn't work in old kernel, which we don't deal with much. It must have been some driver/board settings issue.

Thanks for the tip, that fixed the wifi on my BPI-M1+

On other boards (various H3 based OPIs) armbian supports the wifi straight away, so I'm wondering why you don't include this change in the image?

Anyway, congrats for your distribution, and for your support.

14 hours ago, bolet75 said:

On other boards (various H3 based OPIs) armbian supports the wifi straight away, so I'm wondering why you don't include this change in the image?

Because our resources are underpowered "to fix everything". There are thousands of such small, add-one-line, issues on the task lists and only a few people are dealing with maintenance. A list is getting bigger and bigger while our resources stand still. All those few people also answer questions, develop new features, test, write documentation, ...

14 hours ago, bolet75 said:

Anyway, congrats for your distribution, and for your support.

And honest appreciations are more or less the only external reward. Thanks!