Beelink X2 doesn't boot Linux

Gianluca

Hi Sirs, for first excuse me for my English.

I followed all the instructions, used a 8GB class 10 SD Card, burned it with the program proposed, put in the Box but obtained only a purple led. After 30 mintes no other results. I don't know if I missed some steps, but it seems to do all correctly. No results at all at the present time. The S/N is X2HCAAG40056. Maybe could be blocked for upgrade or other? Actually the Vendor is 207K4. Thank you for your possible help. Have a Merry Christmas

Gianluca

Check your card...maybe the write processed didn't wen so well...format your SD card with SDFormatter and try again....also i had issues with the card reader...so if you have another try ...maybe you will get a nice surprise....BX2 is IMHO the best platform and the booting goes fine every time unless something goes wrong for the above reasons...couple days i had such a case as i written the image but didn't format the card first....the same orange light....formatted...rewritten...smooth sailing...

2 hours ago, masteripper said:

format your SD card with SDFormatter

Useless unless you want to 'restore performance' or perform the equivalent of TRIM on an SD card (if the card supports it).

It gets pretty boring to repeat everything again and again since it's written in Armbian's documentation: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-check-download-authenticity

TL;DR: Check download authenticity/integrity, check your card with  F3 or H2testw, burn with Etcher. Everything else is a waste of time.

On 24/12/2017 at 11:18 AM, masteripper said:

Check your card...maybe the write processed didn't wen so well...format your SD card with SDFormatter and try again....also i had issues with the card reader...so if you have another try ...maybe you will get a nice surprise....BX2 is IMHO the best platform and the booting goes fine every time unless something goes wrong for the above reasons...couple days i had such a case as i written the image but didn't format the card first....the same orange light....formatted...rewritten...smooth sailing...

Hi to all and thanks for your help.

The answer is for all of You.... just quoted the first.

Hi Masteripper, I've checked the card, a Kingston 8GB class 10, formatted with SDFormatter with all options, checked it with H2testw, wrote image with Etcher. Put it in the BX2, powered on, only purple led after an hour.... nothing else... I followed the suggests of TKAISER and TIDO too, looking if something gone wrong but everytime the same results. I'm a little bit tired...

Alright, so it is not the SDcard. This still leaves the PowerSupply.

1. I guess you have nothing connected but Ethernet (to draw as little power as possible) ?
  2. A fresh flash of armbian boots 2x and then you can login (takes about 4-5min) with SSH - have you done that ?
  3. Can you run  armbianmonitor -u ?

Hi Tido, I've leaved to boot X2 without anything attached except HDMI cable. Never seen anything on TV monitor. No video signal, only the purple led. Powered with its original power supply. Maybe needs another?

Happy new year 2018