Orange Pi R1 never comes back after reboot

Theguywhobea

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I frequent the LinusTechTips forum a lot, some of you may recognize it. Any way, my issue is with my Orange Pi R1. I've tried both Ubuntu Server and Debian server images and I can't seem to get either to work. I'm using a good OEM Samsung wall wart that can supply up to 2 amps, and I'm using a 32GB Sandisk microSD I pulled from a working Raspberry Pi 2. With the Ubuntu Server image I can get in on the first boot and make a new user, but once it reboots to expand the filesystem it seems like it'm outta luck. I assume the red LED flashes when the kernel is running as normal, and after the first reboot the red LED never flashes, I can't find it anywhere on my network, and I can't SSH to it. Even if I try rebooting it again, it never comes back. I think I waiting like, half and hour just to be sure and it never came back.  On the Debian image I never even get the first boot to work, the red LED never flashes.

Do I have a dead board here? Is 32GB too big?

Thanks for the help.

21 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

On the Debian image I never even get the first boot to work, the red LED never flashes.

Do I have a dead board here? Is 32GB too big?

32GB shouldnt be to big - but Iam only use a 16GB Sandisk AND successfully with debian.

I started with the image Armbian_5.34.171121_Orangepi-r1_Debian_stretch_next_4.13.14.7z

and after some apt update & upgrade Iam now using

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.37.180112 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.14.13-sunxi
root@orange-pi-r1:~# 

Please recheck the uSD Card with h2testw - maybe the Raspberry hasnt seen a problem on the card or didnt used a "defective" part of it.

The R1 only doesnt need much power.

I installed and updated him with ethernet. After all was working I configured the WiFi and disconfigured the Ethernet.