captain

4 issues with the upgrade.armbian.com script on cubox-i

Hi.

I had to force my way through the upgrade script working.  I haven't rebooted yet, but I'm crossing my fingers ;).

Here are the three issues:

1. cubox-i shows as "unsupported" and the script dies.  /proc/cpuinfo shows:

Hardware : Freescale i.MX6 ...

...which isn't in the list in the script.

2. The script crashes and can't handle the situation where the apt-get upgrade prompts you about configuration files.  For example, my /etc/bash.bashrc was different than the packaged version.  The script won't take input and hangs.  I see the "-y" in the script, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work right.

3. /boot/script.bin - a symlink is made to a nonexistent file.  It looks like this isn't important, but I'm not sure.  The /boot/bin directory doesn't exist.

4. "cubox-i" isn't in the selection list of "board"s.  I hardcoded it at the top and the script seems to have progressed.

Thanks!

Hi Igor.

Wow, thanks for the light-speed reply! :)

Okay I'll try doing that and give you feedback.

FYI I'm upgrading from your 2.1 wheezy setup - evidently before you had debs, etc.  I'm excited to be able to do updates like a "normal" debian box!

Thanks for all your hard work.  I'll be donating soon.

Hello Igor.

I just want to let you know that it worked :).  A few things I'd like to mention:

1. I deleted all the existing dtb files in /boot, and copied over the -cubox ones from /boot/dtb (I probably should have symlinked, but I was afraid the bootloader couldn't follow it).

2. I had to remove the hostapd package just like the script does because of the conflict, like you mentioned

3. I didn't touch the boot scripts.  /boot/uEnv.txt was very similar to what you linked me to, besides the consoleblank, vt.global_cursor_default, and loglevel settings.

Thanks again!