Bluetooth not working on cubox-i and swap partition not in use.

Lothar

Question

I've been trying to make work bluetooth in my cubox-i last months but it was not possible.

I have mate desktop and I installed blueman-manager but it says 'device needs to be turned on'. I try to do it but nothing happens.

I wonder if I am missing any tool or driver to make it work.

By other hand I configured the swap partition and I can see the system says now I have 4.1GB as swap but also it says is using 0% any time, it doesn't matter if I have million websites opened or many applications working. So I wonder if that's normal or there is something wrong.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Hi Igor, now I have the image up and running I too have the same bluetooth issue.

systemctl status brcm4330-patch shows a warning 'Not correct BT chip' ?

In this case I don't have quick solution but you can try to override (remove that checking from the script) since you must have brcm4329 which is very similar chip. 

In this case I don't have quick solution but you can try to override (remove that checking from the script) since you must have brcm4329 which is very similar chip. 

Hi Igor, tried this and not working, any other ideas I can look at ?

Hi, I've a similar issue with BT.

brcm4330-patch and config file are installed at the right locations. I found out when booting the cubox-i via power-on then everything works fine.
"hcitool scan" is executed successfully and BT devices can be paired.

However after a reboot command (without unplugging the power supply) the internal BT adapter isn't recognized anymore.

"/etc/init.d/brcm4330-patch status" reports an error message:

â— brcm4330-patch.service - LSB: Patch firmware for brcm4330 Bluetooth adapter
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/brcm4330-patch)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Do 1970-01-01 01:00:24 CET; 46 years 1 months ago
  Process: 569 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/brcm4330-patch start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 01 01:00:19 cubox-i brcm4330-patch[569]: ok
Jan 01 01:00:24 cubox-i brcm4330-patch[569]: Start pushing BRCM4330 bluetooth firmware to device and waiting 5 ...done.
Jan 01 01:00:24 cubox-i brcm4330-patch[569]: Can't get device info: No such device
Jan 01 01:00:24 cubox-i systemd[1]: brcm4330-patch.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jan 01 01:00:24 cubox-i systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Patch firmware for brcm4330 Bluetooth adapter.
Jan 01 01:00:24 cubox-i systemd[1]: Unit brcm4330-patch.service entered failed state.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
root@cubox-i:~#