All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Igor

RK3399 Orange Pi

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-rk3399/ Which step is unclear?
  3. https://www.google.com/?q=Linux kernel compilation debugging Inspect the line where error is reported. Armbian build system seems to work - yesterday automated build was successful: https://dl.armbian.com/tritium-h5/nightly/ Its possible that something broke upstream during a day ... but that will have to wait.
  4. Today
  5. So how to boot from a flash drive after installing Armbian in eMMC. If possible in detail, step by step. Sorry inexperienced user.
  6. I have another board BananaPi - not BananaPi PRO and have erroros: arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi:1126.20-1132.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/pwm@1c20e00: Reference to non-existent node or label "pwm0_pins_a" also defined at arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts:280.6-284.3 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi:1126.20-1132.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/pwm@1c20e00: Reference to non-existent node or label "pwm1_pins_a" also defined at arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts:280.6-284.3 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi:1371.21-1382.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/i2c@1c2b800: Reference to non-existent node or label "i2c3_pins_a" also defined at arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts:168.7-182.3 ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output) make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb] Error 2 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts
  7. should this not be : sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0
  8. Hi all. For a new video I've made a list with my most used/useful terminal commands. Please let me know what I've missed, or which commands you use most. Useful Linux commands for Ubuntu/Debian --------------------------------------- Update/Install -------------- sudo apt update Update repolists sudo apt upgrade Upgrade system/programs sudo apt autoremove Remove obsolete programs sudo apt install programName Install program sudo aptitude install When having issue's with apt, aptitude can help to solve this sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade Update and upgrade together/You can run multiple commands with && Root user --------- sudo passwd Change root password su Super User/Enter root user Debug/Monitor ------------- dmesg Shows debug messages gdb programname Shows what's happening in a program uname Shows basic system information env Shows the environment information htop Hardware monitor kill programNameToKill Kills application CPU Tools --------- taskset -c 3 programName Use a specific core for an application cpufreq-set -g performance Set governor to performance cpufreq-set -u 2Ghz Set max frequency for all cores cpufreq-set -c 0-1 -u 1.8Ghz Set max frequency for specific cores Files/Directories ----------------- nano /home/fileToRemove.txt Create a txt file with Nano. You could use any other texteditor. cat /home/fileToRemove.txt Shows the content of a file cp /home/fileToRemove.txt /home/copy.txt Copy file find /home/ -iname "*.txt" Search files that end with .txt comm /home/fileToRemove.txt /home/copy.txt Compare files rm /home/fileToRemove.txt Remove file mv /home/copy.txt ~/Documents/ Move file mkdir /home/directoryToGoTo/ Create directory cd /home/directoryToGoTo/ Go to directory ls List directory cd .. Go to the above directory rmdir /home/directoryToGoTo/ Remove directory wget http://www.website.com/file.txt Download file Mount drives/USB Devices ------------ lsusb List USB devices lsblb List attached drives mount /mount/mountedDisk /dev/sda2 Mount drive df -a List all mounted filesystems Reboot/Shutdown --------------- sudo reboot Reboot sudo shutdown now Shutdown Wifi ---- sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces and write: auto wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-ssid {ssid} wpa-psk {password} OR nmcli device wifi rescan Scan for available wifi networks nmcli device wifi list Show available wifi networks nmcli device wifi connect SSID-Name password wireless-password Connect wifi ipa Show ip ifconfig iwconfig Date/Time --------- date Show date/time TZ Show TimeZone -set Set date/time Change Keyboard Layout ---------------------- sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration Set keyboard layout Armbian ------- sudo armbianmonitor -m sudo armbian-config Made by NicoD
  9. [ error ] ERROR in function compile_kernel [ compilation.sh:382 ] [ error ] Kernel was not built [ @host ] [ o.k. ] Process terminated == kernel == Error: arch/arm/boot/dts/axp209.dtsi:51.1-8 syntax error FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb] Error 1 make: *** [dtbs] Error 2 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... How to solve this?
  10. Bad or fake SD card is one of the most frequent (generic) issues in this SD card powered world. Did you try different SD card?
  11. I like that they published complete guide how to use HW encoding with ffmpeg together with a patch and libraries
  12. Magicsee N6 Max stable with MIN_SPEED=600000 MAX_SPEED=2208000 GOVERNOR=interactive for /etc/default/cpufrequtils
  13. You reinstall armbian. Run command sudo apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware Then command sudo armbian-config From the menu you select kernel 5.3? And install it? I did not know a kernel for arm has to be customized for the mainboard.
  14. https://forum.armbian.com/topic/8082-armbian-for-tv-box-rk3328/?do=findComment&comment=81283 I tried the rom of this friend above and directly brushed in A5X MAX +. After the brushing is successful, the device has no response.
  15. Could you please build for me? In this https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/ It only write support bionic
  16. .... first a bridge mode has to be enables back, solve problems, test, test, test implement your ruleset with possible adjustments and test, test, test. I am unable to make big changes ATM. Can only review at best. Wrote on mobile
  17. Igor

RK3399 Orange Pi

There are no buttons, just tiny pads and it is hard to short them. We didn't responsible for hardware design failures and if there would be a simpler way ... Wrote on mobile
  18. If there is none for download you have to build one (xenial only) and hope it works. We stop supporting this board long time ago. Wrote on mobile
  19. Uninstall armbian-firmware and iozone3 and you are licence free. There is free driver for Mali but it perform as bad as on any other kernel. 5.3 , dev kernel might perform better. Install it from armbian-config - system. Generic kernels are not here yet. Wrote on mobile
  20. Apologies, I did not really follow up on that issue as the following two measures prevented any further occurrences: Avoid using the mentioned Samsung SSD (currently using Cruzial P1) Run the eMMC as Ubuntu 18.04 with overlayroot enabled Not sure if it's both or only one measure, but no more freezes. Let's hope it stays that way.
  21. http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/ I expect this is the software. Free software is software you may use, share, modify and redistribute. To my knowledge orange pi one has an armv7 cpu. And the gpu is the same as on a pinephone. On this forum I was told command apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware might turn armbian into a free software system. There is an armv7 libre linux kernel, which to some extend supports mali gpus. I want to test the libre linux kernel on an orange pi one computer, to get to know how well a Mali 400 MP2 runs on free software. Maybe it can give a streak of how well the pinephone's gpu will run on free software? How do you test a libre linux kernel on an orange pi one? Do you purge the linux kernel from armbian and then install libre linux kernel? Thanks.
  22. Thanks for reply. I will come back to ports.Please tell me where to find new image of cubieboard one. I need boot from nand - system on sata
  23. Most probably not loaded because no software is calling the AF_ALG API. Again, did you configured OpenSSL to use AF_ALG ?
  24. "once you have Armbian booting from eMMC, you can boot SD card in more simple manner: stop booting from UART console and execute those commands: setenv devnum 1 followed by run mmc_boot" Good day to all. A question also to experts. And you can explain everything in more detail, in steps, for beginners. How to stop which keys to press, something I can’t do in any way.
  25. root@helios4:~# sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB I am new to linux and tried to enter this command into the terminal but i got back the following issue below: FATAL: cannot open /dev/ttyUSB: No such file or directory How do i go about trying to connect to the dev/ttyUSB?
  26. Yesterday
  27. you might ask @Lion Wang or @Nora Lee if they can give you access to their newest repository on github. the repo contains a bit of documentation from RTD how the bootloaders are supposed to work (e.g. recovery etc). It seems to contain also the sourcecode for the SPI part of the bootloader (I'm not up to date how much of this code is currently 'in the wild' so please forgive me if it only contains stuff you already know).
  28. >>root@orangepilite2:~# hciattach /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow - When i tried attach 6255 by this way BT adapter hangs up. So i set mac address with brcm_patchram_plus and do attach adapter as generic hci device with hciattach /dev/ttyS1 any see my previous post for detailes
  1. Load more activity