5 5
gprovost

Helios64 Annoucement

Thanks for the order ;-)

Yes it will be possible. But actually there is on-board eMMC, so don't need sd-card.

Many combination will be possible, since we have on-board SPI NOR Flash, eMMC NAND Flash.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:50 AM, gprovost said:

We will offer an ECC option. The Rockchip RK3399 SoC itself doesn't have a memory controller that has ECC feature, however we are currently working with a SDRAM vendor that now offer built-in ECC feature inside the SDRAM directly. It's not impossible it will be available on day one.

Hi gprovost,

Is the ECC option available for preorders?

Kinds regards

On 1/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, jimandroidpc said:

So no ECC?

At later stage we will introduce a variant using SDRAM with on-die ECC feature. We are still waiting the 8Gb version to hit the market.

HI, 

your project is promising and corresponds to my need, I am very happy to be part of this adventure. 

Going through the comments I still wonder if,

1_we will have from the Kobol.io Shop Upgrade kits containing

LPDDR4 2x4G non ECC modules | 2x1G / 2x2G / 2x4G ECC | EMMC5 32G / 128G to reballing myself?

If not, would you share a list of recommended modules?

2_A Tegra Maxwell K1 / X1 like SoC would have been better? (ツ) _ / ¯

a joke i am delighted to see the RK3399 spearheading the Helios64.

3_Do you plan a NAS / MASS 5 bay 2.5 "version for nomadic uses?

(Vehicle, Boat. Travel, Journalism, Photographer ...whatever)

This will be for me a formidable complement with Helios64 for an end-to-end storage solution.

Thank you to your team for the freshness in ARM open source solutions.

We look forward to reading from you and fully integrating Helios64 into its functions.

Edited by Userlab

@Userlab

1/ RK3399 support max 4GB RAM, so we already at the max here.  For ECC feature, yes we would upgrade to 4GB if one day such 16Gb SDRAM with ECC exists.

Yes eMMC is soldered-on. So if need more, need to reball yourself yes. But not use other form of storage (m.2 ssd, sdcard or usb stick) ?

3/ Maybe at later stage will have a 2.5" design.

BTW there is someone already designing one for 3D printer.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:23 AM, gprovost said:

@Userlab

Hi, indeed I confused the RK3399 / k and RK3399pro, sorry but why 16GB gives 4GB ?

I am not formalizing myself on the possible improvements, but it is always desirable to consider all the solutions when this one exists, 

what you made besides by proposing ECC (whereas that is not really necessary for the majority users)

But new PCB with ECC or kit module BGA part?

Certainly shouldn't i trust the Vray but the card seems to me very well balanced, and the components brilliantly distributed on the PCB, it inspires confidence.

For my part I really have nothing to say about the hardware choice of the Helios64,

I will be very attentive to your next achievements.

Thank you for your answer.

off topic I first do my CNC wood / metal 1300x1550 / 1900 for the workshop Q3 2020, 3D polymer not before Q1 2021 so I'm in no rush.