Orange Pi lite missing first second of the audio output.

Aditya

Armbianmonitor:

Hi !

I am using Armbian_5.65_Orangepilite_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.78armbian deb stretch image on orange pi lite. Its working great for the most part, but it misses the starting portion of the audio. I have installed snips voice assistant on it and for some  reason the speaker does not produce the confirmation sound output on hotword detection. But plays rest of the sound outputs after that for another 5 seconds or so. Missing the confirmation sound from a smart speaker is really annoying.

Is that a bug? Is there a possible workaround? Is any way this can be solved properly?

Please point me in the right direction

42 minutes ago, Werner said:

Your Armbian is quite old. Have you tried to use a more recent image? This issue may have been fixed in the meantime.

Okay I would try that and revert back. But the problem is I am using the board solely to run Snips AI and Snips has already mentioned on their website that they do not support debian buster yet. Only Deb Stretch is supported.

1 hour ago, Werner said:

Your Armbian is quite old. Have you tried to use a more recent image? This issue may have been fixed in the meantime.

I dont think its fixed, because I also got this on
Armbian Linux 5.3.8-sunxi
package bsp-kernel[5.99.191102] u-boot[5.91] dtb[5.99.191102] firmware[5.98] config[5.98]

on a OPi Zero.

Also got this "problem" since over 2 years:

Since then I use my old workaround from this old thread.

Thanks for the follow-up.

It was a pure guess and I think it makes sense to support the most recent (stable/next) version of Armbian only to avoid talking over and over about may or may not already fixed issues :)

2 hours ago, Werner said:

I think for a simple test if a more recent image fixes the issue the running OS should not matter. Everyone should have spare sd cards for such situations ;)

Besides that Armbian has not been abandoned Stretch. Such images can still be built using the build script: https://github.com/armbian/build

So, today I tried this one also- Armbian_5.83_Orangepilite_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.38. But the same result.

Later I tried the latest buster image- Armbian_5.91_Orangepilite_Debian_buster_next_4.19.59. But could not successfully run the software I wanted on that and hence could not test it. Maybe I would give it another try some day

2 hours ago, guidol said:

I dont think its fixed, because I also got this on
Armbian Linux 5.3.8-sunxi
package bsp-kernel[5.99.191102] u-boot[5.91] dtb[5.99.191102] firmware[5.98] config[5.98]

on a OPi Zero.

Also got this "problem" since over 2 years:

Since then I use my old workaround from this old thread.

Sorry, dn't know how to use that workaround for picotts used by snips

Can you guide me a bit please.

2 hours ago, Aditya said:

Sorry, dn't know how to use that workaround for picotts used by snips

Can you guide me a bit please.

find the  confirmation sound-file for the  hotword detection and add 3-5 seconds of silence to the beginning of the sound-file (maybe via audacity)

or upload the file and I do try to add the silence-seconds via audacity for you

https://forum.snips.ai/t/change-wake-word-response/2419/3

koan

Apr 25

The sound feedback option in /etc/snips.toml is both for the feedback after the wake word is detected and after you have spoken your command.

You can change the wav files in /usr/share/snips/assistant/custom_dialogue/sound/, but they will be overwritten after each update of the assistant.

9 minutes ago, guidol said:

find the  confirmation sound-file for the  hotword detection and add 3-5 seconds of silence to the beginning of the sound-file (maybe via audacity)

or upload the file and I do try to add the silence-seconds via audacity for you

https://forum.snips.ai/t/change-wake-word-response/2419/3

Thanks a lot. I'll try that. If I need help in that, I'll come back. :)