Unable to boot / OP PC Plus

kgoerbig

According to the specs of the OP PC Plus, it only supports 32GB micro SD. My only 32GB that I have, that I was booting from on the OP PC plus eventually got corrupted, and will not boot, can't format and install armbian or anything. What are my options? Can I somehow boot from a 64GB micro sdcard, or USB from a fresh armbian image write?  

1 hour ago, kgoerbig said:

Can I somehow boot from a 64GB micro sdcard

I mainly use 64GB for testings because they are fast to write an image too.

1 hour ago, kgoerbig said:

According to the specs

... were written long time ago by the hw or which is even worse, marketing people. Then they ware copy / pasted a few times. In the mean time SD cards with 512Gb - 1Tb in size become something one can buy. Focus on this: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/

Your only SD card could also simply be broken or you are facing this problem: 

which is possible to diagnose with a serial console.

After pulling my hair out, it looks as though the sd card slot on my OP+  is bad. I've tried writing armbian, to multiple micro sd cards (including a new 32GB I just bought), and either doesn't boot, or armbian boots partially, and gets partially booted, and errors with read/write error.

I managed to boot via USB with Armbian,  and tried to run nand-sata-install to install to emmc, but it errors that it can only be run from sd card. Is there any way to run nand-sata-install from usb to install to emmc?

I have been able to install, and boot the OP+ with a 16GB USB storage. For it to boot though, I have to have a sdcard inserted (I'm guessing I could use something other then a card to trick the OP), before it fails to boot from sdcard, and then moves onto the next boot sequence (usb storage). I've tried writing armbian to multiple cards, using a pin to try to realign it, and other tips, and it just refuses to boot from microsd.

I've resolved the fact that I may need to just usb for the time being. Based on that information,  is there ANY script out there that will write from usb to EMMC? The original nand script I removed the "if booting from usb halt install" code, and that still did not work to write directly from usb. If I could write the finalized armbian OS from the usb to emmc I think I could solve this issue. Any ideas?