5.5 kernel final

sgjava

I noticed that on the Duo I can select 5.5.0-rc6-sunxi in dev. Is there any idea when 5.5.0 will be the default release? Also, I noticed that there's no matching 5.5.x kernel source. I'm playing with linux-headers-dev-sunxi to see if I can compile libgpiod master which requires 5.5.0.

Is there any idea when 5.5.0 will be the default release?

Default probably never since it is not a LTS kernel release.

Anyway. The sources for sunxi/64 dev are pulled from megous most of the time: https://github.com/megous/linux/blob/orange-pi-5.5/Makefile

If you build your own kernel package using the build script you will get a 5.5.0 package without RC since the sources are pushed to release already. You will get a matching headers and source package this way as well.

Pre-made packages from apt should get rebuilt when the next minor version bump occurs.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:51 AM, Werner said:

If you build your own kernel package using the build script you will get a 5.5.0 package without RC since the sources are pushed to release already. You will get a matching headers and source package this way as well.

Thanks for the Info ;)

_   _ ____  _   _   _              ____
| \ | |  _ \(_) | \ | | ___  ___   |___ \
|  \| | |_) | | |  \| |/ _ \/ _ \    __) |
| |\  |  __/| | | |\  |  __/ (_) |  / __/
|_| \_|_|   |_| |_| \_|\___|\___/  |_____|

Welcome to Armbian Buster with Linux 5.5.0-sunxi64

package bsp-kernel[19.11.9] u-boot[19.11.9] dtb[19.11.9] firmware[19.11.9] config[19.11.9]
branch[dev]

So 5.5.0 finally showed up in dev on 1/25.

uname -a
Linux nanopiduo 5.5.0-sunxi #trunk.034 SMP Mon Feb 3 08:38:40 CET 2020 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Saves me from building kernel. libgpiod master now builds for me!