Armbian image for Lamobo R1 Debian Buster

wollik

If the board is not there https://www.armbian.com/download/ then there is no image since Armbian does not support it.

Try https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Lamobo+R1+debian+buster&t=ffcm&ia=web

Edit: Just checked. The board is EOS. Therefore there will be no images available. You have to build your own image but it will be unsupported if something does not work. Build tools are available here: https://github.com/armbian/build

Hi Werner,
I've had Armbian Buster running on this SBC but my SD-Card crashed, "no valid Superblock"

I might have had running the Armbian_2020-05-2... that is also for the M1 with the Allwinner A20, but I don't remember
what I have used in the past.
I've already checked the internet, thanks for this hint but I thought that I can get a link via this forum members since I and hopevully also others are still using Armbian 20-xx on R1.

Does anyone else knows which Armbian Buster Image runs on Lamobo R1 and where I can download it?

Regards
WolliK

Hi Werner,
I just want inform you that is just booting half way up , it gets an IP via DHCP and tries this over and over again, but the IP is o.k. and you can ping it. I understand that there will be no support.
My plan is to understand the bootprocess to trouble shoot my broken sd card, the fsck looks good on my card, but it don't boots, no prompt at all on the monitor. Do you know if there are any messages or bootinformations avalable via what tty?

Regards
WolliK

Hello Werner & Wollik,

me too :) i just got my hands on two Lamobo-R1 boards. I found a armbian-image that works fine for me. 

Maybe i'll try to brew my own using the build-tools. If anybody has some R1-image, i'd be happy to test it.

@Wollik: the image i'm using using now is named "2019-12-23-Armbian-Buster-10.2-lamobo-r1.img" [1]. I can't use WiFi in client-mode - though all WLAN-networks show up, i cannot connect ? Maybe a antenna problem. All the rest works perfectly for me - tvheadend, SSD etc. Definitly the best image that i could find - i tried a Ubuntu 16.04 and others before.

Big thanks to whoever published it.

best regards, andreas

[1] DL-link 913MB image

Edited by Bosinski
none

Hi Brosinski,
this image is still Armbian 5.31 sunix 4.9.7 and so you can’t use it with the newer armbian-config (Version 5.90)

II‘m currently using the image found on the bananian forum 2020-04-21-armbian-buster-lite.k419img.zip

That is still 5.31 but sunix 4.19.62) You need to modify the armbian-config environment to get the additional functions to run. On one of my r1 boards the WiFi worked directky, on an other I'still troubleshoot the WiFi connections.

I have had a Armbian 5.9x running, but my SDCARD breaks, so I will try to build my own image with  the latest armbian version vor the A20 SOC and hope I get the other R1 specific stuf included.

Regards
wollik

Hi Wolfgang,

thats good news. Regarding the image i provided,  there was smth. in the description about parts of NetworkManager that had been disabled for a reason. I think it was esp. about WLAN and configuration of the bridge. 

Anyways, pls keep me informed, when you make progress or re-enable your old/broken build. I had a little bike-accident feel a little handicapped now. So i won`t be able to setup a compile-environment as planned. Will leave hospital on Tuesday and see what i can do one-handed ;)

regards, Andreas