Backup Utility

Was wondering if there is a utility similar to the Khadas Krescue boot utility that allows one to backup/install emcc images??

I found it very useful to backup my Khadas images as well as installing different os.   The description is as follows:

'Krescue is an extremely small (21mb) operating system that you can boot directly from a micro-SD card or your EMMC. It is a “Swiss Army knife”, and you can use it to perform a variety of low-level SBC maintenance tasks. Most notable of which are backing-up your EMMC by dumping a raw-compressed .img.gz, and rapidly installing a new OS via flashing a .img.gz back into the EMMC. Krescue can download and install OS images directly from the web via wired Ethernet.'

I've finally got my Heliios64 about 2 weeks ago and have it setup to the point I believe its ready for primetime but would like to ensure I have an easy way to backup/restore my emcc image.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, DBwpg said:

Any thoughts?

Anything is possible if you finance R&D. Since public support into that direction don't (reach 1%), that is not possible to think about. If you are going to code it and maintain, welcome. We are full for years to come.

Moving to https://forum.armbian.com/forum/38-feature-requests/

I am using the following modified version of an Armbian Script to rsync emmc to sd (replace UUIDs to match yours):

# cat backuptosd.sh
#!/bin/bash

# Check if user is root
if [ $(id -u) != "0" ]; then
    echo "Error: You must be root to run this script."
    exit 1
fi

cat > install-exclude <<EOF
/dev/*
/proc/*
/sys/*
/media/data1/*
/media/data2/*
/media/data3/*
/media/data4/*
/media/data5/*
/mnt/sd/*
/mnt/ssd/*
/mnt/usb/*
/mnt/hd/*
/run/*
# /tmp/*
# /root/*
EOF

exec 2>/dev/null
umount /mnt/sd
exec 2>&1

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd
rsync -avxSE --delete --exclude-from="install-exclude"  /  /mnt/sd

# change fstab
sed -e 's/UUID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx3c/UUID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx2d/g' -i /mnt/sd/etc/fstab
sed -e 's/UUID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx3c/UUID=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx2d/g' -i /mnt/sd/boot/armbianEnv.txt
umount /mnt/sd
rm install-exclude

I would be glad if backup tool was added. Something that allows making backups from EMMC or SD card to USB drive or to SD card that will make image and compress it to the lowest possible size. And then option to restore backup