Allwinner A31s

lobyte

Why is the support of the Banana M2 model on the A31c processor stopped? I am ready to become a tester.

In the firmware in the "overlay" folder there are "dtbo" files for sun6i and sun8i, but they are absent sun7i-***.dtbo, which makes it impossible to work on the a31c board with sound and serial interfaces. Please return the missing files to the firmware or provide a link where you can download them.

Edited by lobyte

33 minutes ago, lobyte said:

Why is the support of the Banana M2 model on the A31c processor stopped?

Because we decided to not waste more of our private time and our private money for dealing with hardware "you" purchase for a few bucks. And with "your" endless continuous questions for which you rarely give even a "thank you" for. Not entirely nothing to be fair - you still cover around 0.5% of our running costs with the donations.

45 minutes ago, lobyte said:

I am ready to become a tester.

Armbian has nobody that have time to work for you. How a board gets a support is usually determined this way:

but there is some grey zone in between. Some boards - where support is cheap in term of time - can skip this process.

36 minutes ago, lobyte said:

Please return the missing files to the firmware or provide a link where you can download them.

We didn't hide or break anything intentionally.  What you are looking for, it was not developed at all.  Read this section before you get more ideas what we should or shouldn't do for you. Also look forum https://forum.armbian.com/forum/38-feature-requests/ where is a pile of wishes we have no resources even to read what's about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.