Summary of troubleshooting items


wurmfood
 Share

4 4

Recommended Posts

There are a number of modifications that have been suggested that people implement to address certain issues.

 

The ones I can find are:

- In /boot/armbianEnv.txt:

extraargs=libata.force=3.0

- If doing debugging, also add:

verbosity=7
console=serial
extraargs=earlyprintk ignore_loglevel

 

- In /boot/boot.cmd

regulator dev vdd_log
regulator value 930000
regulator dev vdd_center
regulator value 950000

and then run:

mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

 

- In /etc/default/cpufrequtils:

ENABLE=true
MIN_SPEED=408000
MAX_SPEED=1800000
GOVERNOR=ondemand

(or 1200000 instead of 1800000)

 

- And if using ZFS:

for disk in /sys/block/sd[a-e]/queue/scheduler; do echo none > $disk; done

 

 

I've gathered these from a variety of threads. Am I missing any here?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

Haven't monitored very closely the different issues, so it's not very clear to me what theses are fixing. If not too much trouble, could you add what they fix? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess what he is after is having this sorted on your summary by problem and fixes.

 

Also for the SATA issue the workaround that worked too is to exchange the SATA cabled. If someone wants to retain the hotplug connector I found something there that works

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2021 at 1:06 AM, wurmfood said:
regulator dev vdd_center
regulator value 95000

I think you are missing one zero on this value. Also, it's not changeable and by default it's 950000:

=> regulator dev vdd_log
dev: vdd_log @ vdd-log
=> regulator value
900000 uV
=> regulator dev vdd_center
dev: vdd_center @ DCDC_REG1
=> regulator value
950000 uV
=> regulator value 95000
Value exceeds regulator constraint limits 950000..950000 uV


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, digwer said:

I think you are missing one zero on this value. Also, it's not changeable and by default it's 950000

Yup, fixed. Thank you. It may be the default and non-changeable, but it's a suggestion that has been put in from the Kobol team, which is why I included it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I tried that and it did not work very well for me, will do some testing this weekend again though and give it some tries and report. Maybe my Uboot did not get updated last time as that requires manual input

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, meymarce said:

I think I tried that and it did not work very well for me, will do some testing this weekend again though and give it some tries and report. Maybe my Uboot did not get updated last time as that requires manual input

Any update? I know I set my Max and Minimum cpu frequencies to the same for both the 4 cores and 2 upper cores. and never looked back lol If ondemand and cpu frequencies have been fixed that would probably add some robustness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 13 Stunden schrieb IcerJo:

Any update? I know I set my Max and Minimum cpu frequencies to the same for both the 4 cores and 2 upper cores. and never looked back lol If ondemand and cpu frequencies have been fixed that would probably add some robustness.

I am with Buster, but regarding the ondemand governor: I have set them from the very beginning from 400 and 1400 and the system has been running rocksolid after this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 6:18 AM, bunducafe said:
I am with Buster, but regarding the ondemand governor: I have set them from the very beginning from 400 and 1400 and the system has been running rocksolid after this.

Thanks, I guess I'll stick with what works/caused me to be stable for this long

 

Edit: I opted to start fresh and am testing the stability of the new kernel's Govenor and cpu frequencies via SD Card till they fix the EMMC issue's which then at that time i will push Armbian back to the EMMC.
So far 22 hours with no problems.
Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 6:24 AM, IcerJo said:

Thanks, I guess I'll stick with what works/caused me to be stable for this long emoji16.png

 

Edit: I opted to start fresh and am testing the stability of the new kernel's Govenor and cpu frequencies via SD Card till they fix the EMMC issue's which then at that time i will push Armbian back to the EMMC.
So far 22 hours with no problems.
Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
 

Just after 24hours system randomly rebooted while i was out of the house, so back to the old trick of setting the max to 1.4ghz and min to 408mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

4 4