Can the mainline uboot now boot the nanopc-t4(RK3399) from the nvme?

Dark_iaji

https://github.com/sigmaris/u-boot

First I tried the mainline uboot v2022.04 version and the sigmaris uboot, in the uboot command line I executed the nvme info command and found no nvme devices available.

https://github.com/radxa/u-boot

Since the radxa version does not have the relevant configuration files for nanopc-t4, the compilation and testing of the radxa version is abandoned.

Is the patch in this thread for the mainline v2020.04 release?

@piter75 @Hover

• Dark_iaji changed the title to Can the mainline uboot now boot the nanopc-t4(RK3399) from the nvme?
On 2022/6/20 at AM11点30分, TonyMac32 said:

I'm not sure the purpose of this, to be honest. All of U-boot on eMMC vs only the SPL does not seem to make any functional difference to me.

Basically this was caused by my tragic experience with nanopc-t3 where I deployed BitTorrent client with OS installed in emmc and after running for several weeks it seems that due to my negligence, the BitTorrent client A large number of cache writes on the side led to the exhaustion of emmc's rewritable times, and then nanopc-t3 was damaged due to my wrong operation of replacing emmc. Later, I no longer trust the reliability of emmc, especially with a large number of write operations under the scene.

nvme ssd is much better than emmc in terms of performance and reliability, which is why I bought nanopc-t4 later.

Sounds like uboot works perfectly fine on your device? Or are you not an nvme device?

Edited by Dark_iaji

When placing the boot partition /boot (with the initrd kernel and DTB with settings files) on eMMC, it works almost only in read mode, nothing is written to it, all recording activity refers only to NVMe (on which the root partition with all files and directories is located).