BananaPi M2 reboot constantly

colttt

Hello,

i want to try armbian, so I download it from here https://www.armbian.com/banana-pi-m2/and write it to the sd-card.

i started the BPi M2 login as root create a user account and the Desktop started .... ehm NOT.. it runs in an infinity reboot loop.. if I disconnect the LAN-Cable i will see the desktop, but after a few minutes the same.. so i remove the HDMI-cable.. it boots, i plugged in the LAN-cable and can connect via ssh.. i try to upgrade the system, but again after a few minutes it freeze and reboot.

can somebody help me to figrue out what happen and how can i resolve this problem?

thanks in advance!

Hi Igor,

thanks for that.. i see you create a Xenial Desktop Image? I will try this tomorrow morning..

Yes, from next update we will provide Ubuntu desktop and Debian CLI by default. Other options you will need to make on your own. With our tools is very simple.

In case you will run into the same problem, get better SD card, check power supply, ... 

sorry but any other idea?

Sure, choose the one that suits you more from my signature!

(honestly, Igor took the time to 1) rebuild the image, 2) test the image, 3) upload the new image, 4) tells you what usually is the culprit when 'things don't work' -- that's the https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/ stuff!!! -- and you ignore all of this? Really?)

BTW: You're using a device from the most ignorant hardware manufacturer out there. Maybe you don't know it (since their documentation simply sucks) but with BPi M2 it makes a huge difference whether you power through Micro USB OTG port (usually a really bad idea since voltage drops happen and 2 of the other USB ports will be unpowered anyway)) or barrel plug. So in case you're not already using a quality 5V/2A PSU with appropriate barrel plug it's time to buy one now.