Revert from SATA to SD on R1

Narkozzz

Hello!

I am tired of system freezing once in 1-2 days, and think the reason is heating (Board 49 degrees right now) so I decided to revert system back to SD and not use HDD at all, making system more stable by power and temperature. Please help me to do it - is there any revert script that I can run to move all data from HDD back to SD?

No, there is no script for that ... if you already set the system than do a rysnc copy from current root which is on /dev/sda1 to /dev/mmcblk01 ... this will take some time.

Than edit boot scripts /boot/boot.cmd and change root to /dev/mmcblk0p1

And do a backup of your data before starting this.

If your modifications are minor, rather start over.

my board is usually around 41-42º. I patched the wifi driver hostpad, was not happy with it, but I digress. I also disabled the unattended upgrades. Did also general optimisations, there seems to be a bug in syslog that generates more logs than it ought to. However I do use an SSD. I still have not made the recommendation of  taking out the longest sides of the box, mainly because we are in winter time now. For me the problem was not the board freezing, since I can get to it via a keyboard, it is just that wifi seemed to go to a halt. I just made some not so significant changes, and I am waiting for the next days to see if it worked out.