CSC Armbian for RK322x TV box boards

jock

vor 1 Minute schrieb n3o:

. is this the case?

when i look at the log i think you have more a major (or bigger) Problem , the log show a bad emmc memory , the bootloader can not read some parts correctly (ecc-error)

because you have had also a bad android i thing there was the problem that the emmc sometimes didnt not shutdown correct or get to much Voltage or something like that

the picture show a kernel panic , that could alse be the bad memory or some other driver that did not follow the kernel instructions

@jock i dont know if a dtb extract from android could help here ?

10 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

That topic is over 4 years old, is written for amlogic based boxes.  Nothing there is relevant for a Rockchip based box.

ok

9 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

when i look at the log i think you have more a major (or bigger) Problem , the log show a bad emmc memory , the bootloader can not read some parts correctly (ecc-error)

because you have had also a bad android i thing there was the problem that the emmc sometimes didnt not shutdown correct or get to much Voltage or something like that

the picture show a kernel panic , that could alse be the bad memory or some other driver that did not follow the kernel instructions

question is: if nand memory is damaged than boot fails every time and not a time yes and another time not. Moreover, same issue happen when I have set jumpstart from multitool and flashed legacy image into sd card. Can be bootloader damaged? I don't know in what case should be made this procedure here https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/?do=findComment&comment=121103

can be caused from the fact that I have mouse and keyboard plugged?

@n3o I think it's time you put this to bed and find something else that runs armbian without involving the entire forum.  At this point you are wasting your time. 

Like was mentioned by @RaptorSDS, the fact that android was corrupted should be highly suspicious and I would think points to some hardware defect. 

If you finally give up I would think one of the fully supported sbc's would be a good start if you want to still try to run Armbian.  

2 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

I don't think it could be really useful to inspect dtbs, the problem is elsewhere.

The guy has to options:

1) erase the internal flash and forget it, then run armbian from sdcard

2) throw the thing in the trash bin and buy something reliable and supported

24 minutes ago, occams razor said:

Like was mentioned by @RaptorSDS, the fact that android was corrupted should be highly suspicious and I would think points to some hardware defect.

I want only be sure to have made all the things that should be made.

For example here https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/?do=findComment&comment=167640 @mcs have the same board as mine as mine R329Q _ V3.1 (and @mcs have also flashed the most recent kernel in this post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/?do=findComment&comment=167782 )

Actually I know from log here

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/?do=findComment&comment=169159

that board is rk3229 from an android log.. but it's a value written in the flash or read from chip hardware?

moreover I still not sure on RAM frequency: always in that log ram frequency is 500 mhz, in the following log https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/?do=findComment&comment=170395 is 300Mhz.

And the final question is: if the memory is broken, why sometimes load and other not? In that case everytime boot should fail

17 minutes ago, jock said:

The guy has to options:

1) erase the internal flash and forget it, then run armbian from sdcard

2) throw the thing in the trash bin and buy something reliable and supported

I have already tried  run armbian from sdcard, problem still occur

@jock when procedure https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-boxes/page/28/#comment-121103 should be executed? I don't have never executed that steps

Edited by n3o

And the final question is: if the memory is broken, why sometimes load and other not? In that case everytime boot should fail

@n3oThis is not true.  This tells us your hardware is at best unreliable and at worst defective.  Basically your hardware is a big problem.  Why do you insist on trying to get this to work?  Android doesn't run and somehow you are expecting Armbian to run perfectly?  Give up on it, it's ok.

1 minute ago, occams razor said:

Android doesn't run and somehow you are expecting Armbian to run perfectly?  Give up on it, it's ok

Android doesn't run because I have tried to flash another image. But before that trial, android worked

@n3o  You bricked your own device and neglected to create a backup before doing so?  At this point I would think you are just trolling.  I have given up on trying to convince you that your time is better spent elswhere.   I'll let the other forum members decide for themselves if helping you is worth their time. 

7 minutes ago, occams razor said:

You bricked your own device and neglected to create a backup before doing so?  At this point I would think you are just trolling

I don't thinking that operation should be so difficult and with so that risk (I'm not sure, but my first trial was before discover this thread)

Good morning 

I've been trying to follow the guide but I think my MXQ 4k pro (RK3229) is a odd duck. If I flash my sd card with the multitool and place it in the sd card slot and power the board. I just get a red led and after 1 minute or so a solid orange led with no screen. For some strange reason if I the the factory reset without the sd card in and then put it in when the reset is running. The box restarts and boot off the sd card and loads the multitool, I can then backup and erase the flash (eMMC) and power cycle the box. Then I get a red LED regardless of what I do. Connecting to the box via USB using Rockchip-AndroidTool_Release_v2.84 shows that the board is maskrom mode. Doing the shorting pin method and loading back on the rkdumper backup I can get the box back up and running. I have tried to flash the multitool from the sd card to the flash hoping that would boot but no joy any ideas?

Thanks for the time and dedication that I've seen on this forum from the team.

ok, I have rerunned rk322x-config and I get this screen

2023-08-25-10-53-22.jpg

Yesterday I go in a hurry so I don't have seen chip type above value "RK3228A/B" (so android log was wrong). Today I have setted value to RK3228A, system is more slow but every time that plug the power now it's boot. Question now is : I have a RK3228A or RK3228B chip ?

After this there is ram frequency setting

2023-08-25-10-54-15.jpg

scared from Android chip, I have set default ... but how can I find correct setting?

same thing for led setting:

2023-08-25-10-56-30.jpg

2023-08-25-10-57-08.jpg

what does it mean for "markings of the board" ?

Finally for wifi chip there are 2 chooice: "0 ssv6051" and "1 ssv6x5x". I have choose always 0

I think that I'm near to configure this device

Edited by n3o

vor 1 Stunde schrieb n3o:

think that I'm near to configure this device

rk3228 if unclear stay at A and be safe

RAM if default is stable just use this ( in you case i think slower is better than unstable)

wifi 3030:3030 i found many evidence that this is a 6051p

for Ram and wifi you could always use your picture or look in the tv-box and google the modules

rk33xxx page on from china but clear some SDIO ID

7 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

for Ram and wifi you could always use your picture or look in the tv-box and google the modules

for Ram what should search in my picture?

for led I have set "led-conf2" R329q because in the board this is the value written

for wifi ssv6051p I think it's ok

Do You know how turn on device from ir remote control?

Edited by n3o

31 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

D9PFK leads to MT29F128G08ECEDBJ4-6:D rest is google

nothing can found, also removing -6:D string

right value is  MT29F128G08CECDBJ4-6ES:D

Edited by n3o

2 hours ago, chase meredith said:

@n3o hope this helps Miron part number search and your part.

thank you for the site, final code is different from that above. However I'm more confused: here https://www.arrow.com/en/products/mt41k512m4da-125m/micron-technology is written that is a ddr3-1600 Mhz. First of all 1600 Mhz value isn't present in rk322x-config tool, after this if setting ddr3-528 cause freeze at boot, how it's possible think to set 1600 Mhz?

Moreover I don't have feedback even with size value: in that site is written 512 M x4, but why my ram memory is only 1 GB and not 2 GB (the 1GB value was present also with first old rom Android stock)

Edited by n3o

vor 4 Minuten schrieb n3o:

nal code is different from that above

thats because it is mk41k412 data instead of mt29f128 data , so most likly its 600mhz or 660mhz ,else leave with default

like i said before slower (defaut that run with your box)  is better than not stable (528,600,660 etc)

7 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

thats because it is mk41k412 data instead of mt29f128 data , so most likly its 600mhz or 660mhz ,else leave with default

ok, but how do You have calculated that value? Because I have found ddr3-1600 mhz. Moreover, I have another doubt: can be possible that a lower frequency can made system instable? My basically knowledge about overclock was related to the fact that only higher frequency than standard can cause instability issue. However, I'll do just a last trial at 660, if system doesn't boot I'll set default.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:54 AM, chase meredith said:

I have tried to flash the multitool from the sd card to the flash hoping that would boot but no joy any ideas?

Not sure what this sentence means: did you try to install the multitool on the internal flash? Why?!?

If I understand correctly, you have been able to run once the multitool regularly, do the backup, and then something wrong happened so the board does not boot anymore?

Hi, Can somebody explain boot process of rk3228 tvbox? I know boot linux intel x86 architecture, but this SoC process i don't understand!  My box, MXQ_R2B_LP3, boot from multitool sdcard, but don't wotrk any other system in sdcard or installed in internal,  memory, same Armbian new versions and legacy, same  erased internal memory,  only boot from multitool card! I must install in tvbox's memory! I want know what is different in Armbian image and Multitool image! 

I already so much tests, configurations and experiences, tests all combinations of Leds, memory speed, and others options from tests with armbian-config, armbian-install, rk3228-config and last Armbian release,  just the led combinations is changed! 

For now, don't matter hdmi to work and wifi, already install the multitools image in memory and without sdcard,  the multiboot load, and with armbian sdcard load too!  The firth way to boot Armbian sdcard that i discovery, was did installed the "nand jump boot" from multiboot card in internal memory with rkdeveloptool! I understand it's so hard without hardware in hands, i stay conformed if just  system work in internal memory!

Thank you so much!!!!

@fabiobassa I already readed so much, and i did dedicate many time, this tvbox and others, my original project was with laptop and netbook's boards, i get the firth tvbox for tests, and was all ok, but each tvbox is different, it has no standard nor support from the manufacturer, i would be better get a orange pi, less problems,  I'm thinking of giving up! Here in Brazil, have a popular dictade, it's: " the cheap in the end is expensive" ! But i see many advantages, it's cheap, little volume , internal memory and low power consume! Armbian legay buster working fine with my applications too!  If i can buy other igual the firth tvbox, i would ike it! I have  some problem, i want see it all work, i want know, understand all, it many times it's impossible, but i insist ! 

I am very grateful for your dedication! Thank you!

@Benedito Portela

https://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Boot_option

Again ...here It Is

Post scriptum:

Also we started from few infos captured here and there on the internet to assembly the whole picture and , when It didn t work , It was a hard, boring, tired work of trials and errors.

AGAIN : we dont own any of the new boards and NOBODY and repeat NOBODY even imagined to buy one for us to study.

So you and others are very welcome to study as we did by trials and errors and report here any success

Thank you for your apport 

Edited by fabiobassa