gpio pins missing from gpio readall

hello, 

i was trying to set up a 2 pin fan on my orangepi 5b and i connected it to pin 25 and 26 (GND and PWM1). When i first started this task, the output from 

gpio readall

would show me all 26 pins on the board.

As i was digging through some forums to try and get the PWM pin to operate as on/off, i came across wiringOP and when i installed it, the output of `gpio readall` changed to only show 8pins.

I am unsure of what went wrong and why it only shows 8 pins. I tried removing wiringOP and it still has not made a difference. 

Thanks

gpio no wiringop.png

gpio wiringop.png

@mamasaur1 It might be that it tries to read the layout of Orange Pi 5 instead of 5b, on the 5-plus I had to enter: echo "BOARD=orangepi5plus" | sudo tee /etc/orangepi-release

So probably for yours it should be: echo "BOARD=orangepi5b" | sudo tee /etc/orangepi-release

By the way,  it's not a good idea to connect a 2-pins fan directly to a gpio pin, too much current. Search for a pwm fan instead that's compatible for a raspberry pi.

Edited by royk

you want to add a 2 pin fan to opi5, unfortunitly, PWM port is IO port, it doesn't have enough power to driver your fan, thus would break the GPIO bank, and make whole bank unfunction.

thus suggest to directly use 5V power pin.

if you have 3 pin fan, you can use a PWM pin to control it speed. in this case, you need write dts code to enable it.