WaveShare 5inch HDMI LCD (B), OPi PC 2

o_flyer

Hello, guys. I have a trouble with touch screen on OPi PC 2 (Connected via USB). Touch detected like 

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0eef:0005 D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd 

Tried to add `modprobe ads7846` and `modprobe hid-multitouch`. Without results. But on last command returned an error

modprobe: FATAL: Module hid-multitouch not found in directory /lib/modules/4.11.1-sun50iw2

Can u help me? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, o_flyer said:

Very little information on this matter ;(

You need to get a driver to run and that driver is usually supplied by hardware maker. It's also possible that support exists in a kernel, but it's not enabled. It's on you to find out ...

38 minutes ago, o_flyer said:

Touch detected like 

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0eef:0005 D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd 

Tried to add `modprobe ads7846` and `modprobe hid-multitouch`.

ADS7846 is an SPI driver, but you list a USB based device.

38 minutes ago, o_flyer said:

But on last command returned an error

modprobe: FATAL: Module hid-multitouch not found in directory /lib/modules/4.11.1-sun50iw2

It's not enabled in the kernel config, and even if we enable it you will need to compile a new kernel or install new packages manually.

@o_flyer

Is perhaps such display?

https://github.com/TinkerBoard/debian_kernel/commit/ea22619e44dea9118442c45b33cf243ed2d85021

https://github.com/TinkerBoard/debian_kernel/commit/26a39a08af6382f0ea9afebf0b1630d46d94d550

Than some kernel patching is needed. Just to understand where you might need to start digging in ... 

When installing new kernel, you should always install the DTB that comes from the same build, because there can be discrepancies across 2 builds.

EDIT : I've just realized that maybe you are using Legacy build instead of Mainline, in such case DTB doesn't exist.

BTW, did you carefully looked at the "dmesg" logs ?