pcduino2: use of spi and i2c

Jim

The pcduino discussions appear to be centred here and the A10 appears to be a cutdown A20 so please forgive me if this is in the wrong area.

I've been playing with an old pcduino2 and have got the latest mainline server version of Armbian installed on it. Very impressive.

However, it appears to have only a single I2C bus and no SPI devices. It looks like there should be a sun4i-a10-spi-spidev.dts file somewhere or else some way to build the appropriate kernel modules but I have been unable to find this.

I understand that this is a deprecated board but I should (hopefully) be able to perform any kernel builds required and am more than happy to feed the results back when it works.

Many thanks in advance.

Jim.

23 hours ago, Jim said:

The pcduino discussions appear to be centred here and the A10 appears to be a cutdown A20 so please forgive me if this is in the wrong area.

I've been playing with an old pcduino2 and have got the latest mainline server version of Armbian installed on it. Very impressive.

However, it appears to have only a single I2C bus and no SPI devices. It looks like there should be a sun4i-a10-spi-spidev.dts file somewhere or else some way to build the appropriate kernel modules but I have been unable to find this.

I understand that this is a deprecated board but I should (hopefully) be able to perform any kernel builds required and am more than happy to feed the results back when it works.

Many thanks in advance.

Jim.

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Allwinner_overlays/

Many thanks for that very useful reply. I was missing the spi-spidev overlay load.

However, I now have another problem (sorry for this). The param_spidev_spi_bus parameter gives the bus that the MCP2515 is on. However, this appears to be the only SPI device that is created, So, for example, if I set it to 0 then I get /dev/spidev0.0 and no other devices. By using the overlays spi0, spi1 and spi2 I was hoping for /dev/spidev0.0, /dev/spidev-0.1, /dev/spidev1.0 and /dev/spidev2.0. Also, shouldn't there be a way to avoid activating the MCP2515.

Once again, many thanks for your help!

Jim.