1280X1024 resolution Orange Pi

gadel

Hello!

I have a Orange Pi Win Plus and a vga monitor with an hdmi adapter.
By editing the file boot/armbianEnv.txt, I made a change in the basic resolution to fullHD and others, but I still can not get my screen resolution 1280 * 1024
I wrote differently

disp_mode=1280x1024

disp_mode=576p

and other

Аfter another change in this value, at best the board starts with a default resolution, at worst it does not start at all.

What to write?
Thanks

A64 with legacy kernel supports only a few screen sizes. For example on H3, which is most popular, more were added by us/community (example). Do some forum search and you will get info how this was made. The first step is digging into video driver, adding this resolution and then you can start using it.

It's a bit harder than that, since A64 has a binary blob for HDMI in BSP. However, ayufan successfully replaced that blob with a code ported from H3. I'm not sure this patch is present in Armbian.

Hi, I have Orange Pi PC 2. I am very happy with armbian on it - it's beta but works like a charm.  One problem - I need screen resolution 1680 x 1050. I've read different posts about editing armbianEnv.txt or boot.cmd, tried those things but nothing worked. Also some posts like this one says that it's maybe not working for now or not implemented at all.

I am really confused and lost. What should I write and where to get resolution I want? Is it implemented? Can anybody write what is the current status of things? Or point me somewhere on this forum?

Many thanks!

@HANAX please tell me which is your kernel version. If it is based on mainline, there is no need to specify anything. However, just few days ago issue has been found which causes that some resolution don't work. I already prepared some patches to fix that issue.