Green Artefacts on Screen - Cubietruck

Nuno Pereira

Hello

I am a Armbian user in the past 3 or 4 years on a Cubietruck running a headless server in my home. Great machine!!!

One of the services that i use is a TVheadend server on cubietruck since wheezy version. But from now and from a couples releases ago, my tvheadend clients the image are it artefacts green on screen. 

My Armbian version now is stable stretch, and tvheadend server is 4.2.

I think this is a kernel problem but i don´t no how to fix. It is possible to downgrade to the 3.4 stable kernel on stretch ?

If i remenber in the Armbian wheezy or first jessie releases i don´t have this problem and all the hardware is the same.  

11 hours ago, Nuno Pereira said:

I am a Armbian user in the past 3 or 4 years on a Cubietruck running a headless server in my home. Great machine!!!

Indeed. It was my first board and a reason that this project started :)

11 hours ago, Nuno Pereira said:

But from now and from a couples releases ago, my tvheadend clients the image are it artefacts green on screen. 

I am also using TVheadend server but on some more powerful machine. Nanopi Neo with H5 with HTS Tvheadend 4.2.5-29~gd5ecf49  ... IPTV, no artifacts but sometimes I do have troubles with sound delay at the moment. Haven't got time to investigate.

You can't downgrade Stretch to the old kernel since it's too old for Stretch ... but you can try this: change CPU governor to performance by editing /etc/default/cpufrequtils and follow by restarting this service or rebooting.

3 hours ago, Igor said:

I am also using TVheadend server but on some more powerful machine. Nanopi Neo with H5 with HTS Tvheadend 4.2.5-29~gd5ecf49 

A "NanoPi Neo" only got a H3 CPU - did you mean a NanoPi Neo2 / Core2 or Neo Plus2? They got a H5-CPU :)

10 hours ago, Igor said:

Indeed. It was my first board and a reason that this project started :)

Yes, i no that! Probably this is my first post here, but i am one of the first armbian users ;)

Well i change  CPU governor ondemand to performance, and incredible it works! No more green artefacts on screen but maybe more Electricity Costs

Thanks Igor for the project.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:55 PM, vlad59 said:

if performance works then you can try conservative it should be better for Electricity cost (if that works of course)

I will check this later... Today i test 3 clients/3 diferent channels with performance and all great with no green artefacts.

Tvheadend server is no more than 30% (console top process) with one or two clients. I don´t no this change so well it ondemand to performance. But great that works ;)