USB hub not working on OdroidC2

sumit6975

I used a stable Armbian Image (Armbian Stretch mainline kernel 4.18.y) for OdroidC2. The OS booted up normally but the USB hubs didn't detect the connected peripherals. The output of `lsusb` didn't show any of the connected peripherals.

Thanks
Sumit

On 12/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, sumit6975 said:

I used a stable Armbian Image (Armbian Stretch mainline kernel 4.18.y) for OdroidC2. The OS booted up normally but the USB hubs didn't detect the connected peripherals. The output of `lsusb` didn't show any of the connected peripherals.

by USB-Hub do you mean the 4 "internal" ports of the C2 or did you connect an external USB-Hub to one of the 4 USB-Ports of the C2?

Your log does show the 4 ports

880	[    2.111292] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc2
   882	[    2.290624] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0610, bcdDevice=32.98
   883	[    2.290634] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
   884	[    2.290638] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Hub
   885	[    2.291319] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
   886	[    2.291617] hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected

what kind of USB-Modem do you want to use?
Does it have a port for a power-supply?
Why you cant use WiFi or Ethernet?

Hi Guidol,
Thanks for replying.
I am not using an external usb-hub rather the usb-hub of the odroicdc2. 
None of the USB peripherals connected to the ports o f the hub are detected by the OS. 
I tried connecting a barcode scanner and a ZTE USB modem. None of them were detected in lsusb.

Thanks
Sumit

also not low power devices like USB-Stic, mouse or keyboard.

Try 

dmesg -w

and then connect the usb-device... maybe there is a messsge?

Did you check if usb is complete enabled in 

armbian-config --> system --> hardware?

If the devices aren't plugged in on boot with 4.17+ the hub will go into a suspend state that can't be woken.  I've patched this in the 4.19 dev images by copying the solution for Rockchip (same IP block).  One of the upstream contributors submitted a nearly identical patch within a day of mine, so it will be fixed in the future.