Orange Pi Zero Plus2 H5 + OV5647

wvthoog

Hi,

as many did, I've bought a (CSI) OV5647 camera from AliExpress and am struggling to get it to work. Been at it for a week now and am at a loss. So i'm trying to get some clarification via this thread on how to get this camera to work.

What I've done so far is to compile a mainline kernel (Ubuntu Bionic) and edited the kernel config file to include sun6i_csi and ov5647 driver. Build finishes successfully and am able to boot and load the drivers 

Unfortunately the OV5647 isn't recognized and /dev/video0 isn't created. 

Second build included a userpatch I've found online which i applied to no avail to the kernel 

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/743268/

So my question is, what am i missing here ? Do i need an overlay, or patch the kernel/driver in some way ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Wim

On 2/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, wvthoog said:

Hi,

as many did, I've bought a (CSI) OV5647 camera from AliExpress and am struggling to get it to work. Been at it for a week now and am at a loss. So i'm trying to get some clarification via this thread on how to get this camera to work.

What I've done so far is to compile a mainline kernel (Ubuntu Bionic) and edited the kernel config file to include sun6i_csi and ov5647 driver. Build finishes successfully and am able to boot and load the drivers 

Unfortunately the OV5647 isn't recognized and /dev/video0 isn't created. 

Second build included a userpatch I've found online which i applied to no avail to the kernel 

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/743268/

So my question is, what am i missing here ? Do i need an overlay, or patch the kernel/driver in some way ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Wim

Hi Wim,

Any luck with this camera ? Looks like many many others facing this problem, but no one has seem to have shared a resolution. Orange pi with ov5647 ?

Thanks

vspriyan